The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

i think it’s just a learning thing, or a breather or just a reset.

Hes been invisible 5 on 5 and making mistakes in how he holds the puck. I think it’s a timely sit for him. 

They also need to get boeser going, and he’s not looked horrible since coming back. He just needs to get going.

and he’s puttinngMiller back with Bo which is ideal. 

no, it's just more of the cow towing to players who should be sitting and going for the low hanging fruit instead of making the hard calls.  Bruce's heart has not been in this season from day one of camp.  He's an empty uniform at this point (for those who love Band of Brothers)

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

It's gonna be an ugly one.  Afternoon game on a back to back, a Bruins team on fire, Demko cold as ice.... I'd be surprised if it's not a blowout.

Boston is winning games, but is not playing like their record shows. They have been in many games this year that they have been out played and should have lost. 

Edited by vancan2233

Just now, R3aL said:

agreed he’s going through the adjusting now. Physicality, timing, pace, schedule etc 

think this is a good sit

Agree 100%. Said it last game and in another post today, he's been hanging onto the puck too long. Looks like he's still adjusting to smaller ice and pace. Like you say, it's a good sit.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, vancan2233 said:

Boston is winning games, but is not playing like their record shows. They have been in many games this year that they have been out played and should have lost. 

well, the Canucks are quite adept at outplaying teams for good chunks of the game and still losing, so..............

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

no, it's just more of the cow towing to players who should be sitting and going for the low hanging fruit instead of making the hard calls.  Bruce's heart has not been in this season from day one of camp.  He's an empty uniform at this point (for those who love Band of Brothers)

I don’t agree.

I do think he’s drained. I think his heart is in it. He looks sad at times because he wants to win. He loves winning. His players are not performing, look like quitters at times and his president has thrown him under the bus.

I think he loves hockey, loves to coach and is trying his best and knows more than we do. We don’t know if kuzmenko has something bugging him physically, is just burned out or has made a mistake that they’ve been working on with him closely and just wanna give him a night off. 

love the band of brothers reference but don’t fully agree with the application 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, R3aL said:

I don’t agree.

I do think he’s drained. I think his heart is in it. He looks sad at times because he wants to win. He loves winning. His players are not performing, look like quitters at times and his president has thrown him under the bus.

I think he loves hockey, loves to coach and is trying his best and knows more than we do. We don’t know if kuzmenko has something bugging him physically, is just burned out or has made a mistake that they’ve been working on with him closely and just wanna give him a night off. 

love the band of brothers reference but don’t fully agree with the application 

he's making terrible lineup decisions, looks completely lost during games, sounds completey defeated in interviews.  Nice guy, but it's time to retire