The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Hard to imagine *THIS* guy was premier of BC in 1986:

hi-bc-archive-bill-vander-zalm-3col.jpg

:lol:

Willy wooden shoes voted in   Aug 86. Responsible for hwys privatization All other expo coquihalla rapid transit related issues can can be blamed on this guy  

7817D8FF-D135-4816-8863-8345503A9708.png

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why does everyone seem so happy? It's yet again a horrible start and everyone just seems like they don't take things serious. Country club atmosphere seems right. It's what angers fans more, they are laughing and joking on the bench and every interview they looked so relaxed.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Can we go back to this time? The only player I had issue with was Murzyn and it wasn't because of his effort; he was just a little slow. ::D

Yes but he cleared the front of the net.  

Murzyn and Brock are about the same speed! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why does everyone seem so happy? It's yet again a horrible start and everyone just seems like they don't take things serious. Country club atmosphere seems right. It's what angers fans more, they are laughing and joking on the bench and every interview they looked so relaxed.

Buddy is just happy to be in the NHL lol you crack me up

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

So what does that say about the "original six"?    Bush league?

It was so bush league in a sense there wasn't even really a six team league for much of its existence.  There's a reason why they called one of the divisions "The Norris division".  The Detroit Red Wings either directly or indirectly controlled the Black Hawks and Rangers (Norris family co-owned the Black Hawks & largest shareholder of MSG [effectively giving them controll of the Rangers) for many decades.

For eff's sake, even the CFL had more teams than that.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Good to keep your spirit up.Getting down makes things worse. 

Saying that someone needs to keep them serious about next shift.

Well it's certainly worked for them so far. Big difference between the demeanour of our team compared to the elite. Keeping their spirits up sure but you can't kill a penalty to save your life and it's down right embarrassing, it just feels like some fans don't get it. It's been part of the problem. The relaxed atmosphere.

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well it's certainly worked for them so far. Big difference between the demeanour of our team compared to the elite. Keeping their spirits up sure but you can't kill a penalty to save your life and it's down right embarrassing, it just feels like some fans don't get it. It's been part of the problem. The relaxed atmosphere.

To me I see it as the players are stressed about not playing well and loosing. 

They need to get back to just playing hockey and not over trying.Play your game and wins will come.

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

To me I see it as the players are stressed about not playing well and loosing. 

They need to get back to just playing hockey and not over trying.Play your game and wins will come.

there's defintely some of that hapening, with demko especially.  The thing I'd most like to see is players start icing the puck when they get in trouble in their own end......the lazy passes and predictable giveaways are killing them.