The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 15 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - KeyBank Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

He's on a steak. It's not going to continue 

just like people said his streak near the end of last season wasn't going to continue? he doesn't even need to score at the current pace to hit 50.. 36 in 65 is more than doable. he's been red hot going back to last season for half a season worth of games already.. 

even if you drop his shooting % back to 15-16%.. he's been shooting the puck more.. avg 3.5 shots a game.. take that over 82 games season that's still 45 goals.. he's taking more shots therefore he's getting more goals.. is it really unsustainable?? even if he shoots 14% that's still 40 goals.. so yes he can easily continue.. coz he's hasn't changed the way he's playing.. he's just shooting more.

I for one am a big fan of our forward core and have a great affinity for mostly all the members of the group. The fact remains we are underachieving big time. I find it extremely unlikely we will turn things around and make the playoffs. Even if we do, how are we reasonably expected to make a competitive push given the uncanny number of games choked away already to date.

We need to dismantle some of our high trade value offensive pieces. I would rather see them make a concerted effort to write off this season in the hopes of getting Bedard (or another such impact lotto player) then continue to piss away mid round future draft picks only to get caught in no man's land and have the tradable pieces (ie Boho) either get overpaid by us or another team as a UFA.

• RoughGame 1