The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 WJHC Pool - Group B (First Come First Serve)

AriGold

Looks like I am gonna be the last guy in the tournament anyways, but @AriGold you have not acknowledged that Adam Engstrom replaced Seamus Casey on my team at the start of the tournament since the USA cut Casey moments before puck drop. 

it doesnt really matter but I think I have 13 points with Engstrom's and the second Finn win for my tendies in the round robin.

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Looks like I am gonna be the last guy in the tournament anyways, but @AriGold you have not acknowledged that Adam Engstrom replaced Seamus Casey on my team at the start of the tournament since the USA cut Casey moments before puck drop. 

it doesnt really matter but I think I have 13 points with Engstrom's and the second Finn win for my tendies in the round robin.

My bad, done. You're at 13 now.

• There it is 1

37  Points for team Surfer

6   Team Canada G 

5   Adam Fantilli F                                     Should have stuck to my list (Stankoven 11)  +6

13 Jimmy Snuggerud

2   Aron Kiviharju                                       Should have stuck to my list (Svozil 7)  +5               I saw Finland higher scoring, Arun running PP, played 3 games! :o

10 Filip Bystedt                                          

1   Axel Sandin Pellikka                             Should have stuck to my list (Nemec 5)  +4            I also saw Sweden higher scoring, Axel run PP, he played great, no points...

Potential was 52 points if I had followed strictly my list.  Cannot lament, that was three major errors in judgement.  2 WJC's ago, I made one switch.  Took Team Canada D Jamie Drysdale in round two instead of Team USA G.  Lost me 5 points and a tie for first in the tourney with Baer.  I spewed.  37 Points won that pool BTW! 37 Points is a good showing all considered.

Oii, the real loss?  Tourney D leader Ludvig Jansson had ten points.  I had him listed, but even further down. Read he did not make the team and scratched him altogether. 

Thanks for your time & invite @AriGold   In end, Snuggy never cost u title...

On 1/9/2023 at 4:07 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

37  Points for team Surfer

6   Team Canada G 

5   Adam Fantilli F                                     Should have stuck to my list (Stankoven 11)  +6

13 Jimmy Snuggerud

2   Aron Kiviharju                                       Should have stuck to my list (Svozil 7)  +5               I saw Finland higher scoring, Arun running PP, played 3 games! :o

10 Filip Bystedt                                          

1   Axel Sandin Pellikka                             Should have stuck to my list (Nemec 5)  +4            I also saw Sweden higher scoring, Axel run PP, he played great, no points...

Potential was 52 points if I had followed strictly my list.  Cannot lament, that was three major errors in judgement.  2 WJC's ago, I made one switch.  Took Team Canada D Jamie Drysdale in round two instead of Team USA G.  Lost me 5 points and a tie for first in the tourney with Baer.  I spewed.  37 Points won that pool BTW! 37 Points is a good showing all considered.

Oii, the real loss?  Tourney D leader Ludvig Jansson had ten points.  I had him listed, but even further down. Read he did not make the team and scratched him altogether. 

Thanks for your time & invite @AriGold   In end, Snuggy never cost u title...

Off the top of my head, wasn't Kiviharju a 16 year old? phenom or not, he isn't gonna bust it open against 19 year olds.

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Off the top of my head, wasn't Kiviharju a 16 year old? phenom or not, he isn't gonna bust it open against 19 year olds.

U pointed out I was dumb at the time I made the pick.  Thanks for reminding me again...  :towel:

• RoughGame 1

13 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

U pointed out I was dumb at the time I made the pick.  Thanks for reminding me again...  :towel:

he did put up two though, which is amazing. Sorry if I sounded or sound now like a jerk, i didn't see it, but the way you say it now, so sorry bro.

Edited by Primal Optimist

7 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

he did put up two though, which is amazing. Sorry if I sounded or sound now like a jerk, i didn't see it, but the way you say it now, so sorry bro.

You were polite. Unscathing, but polite.  I am just taking the piss out of it now...

I also respect your opinion on Finnish players. 

• Cheers 1