The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

17 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Since a Schenn trade seems inevitable I just wish they would announce it already. Poor guy has to just sit around not playing while he waits for something. These teams and the new system of “trade related scratches” should be penalized. This needs to be addressed before next season. I don’t mind if it’s a one game thing if it’s like a sure fire same day trade but like Schenn has sat for like 3 games now and Chychrun has been sitting like 2 weeks. It’s unfair to the players and takes away from the game. 

Inevitable? We could just offer him an extension. how would a pick be more valuable to the canucks right now compared to a solid NHL defensman? with so many not solid defenseman like the two most overpaid in history.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Myers only has one year left.  He has a 5 million bonus due in the summer.  After that is paid, he will be easily tradeable.  Also it doesn't save us any money by buying him out, we just delay the penalty by an extra year. 

OEL is not bad enough to be a buyout candidate yet, but none of this has to do with Schenn getting traded.  

You missed that OEL's NMC also precludes us from waiving him. But hey, facts.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Inevitable? We could just offer him an extension. how would a pick be more valuable to the canucks right now compared to a solid NHL defensman? with so many not solid defenseman like the two most overpaid in history.

I’d love to extend Schenn but I just feel like between him not playing right now and all the reports it’s a matter of time now before he’s moved. I think an offer would have to be substantial for it to be worth it to trade him but I’m hard pressed to see us keeping him at this point. 

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And buying out Myers makes even less sense. Costs us more than his $6m cap to replace him with a league min guy.

Trade Myers after his bonus. Ride OEL for a couple years while we're building. Hope he can get his injury healed and recover his ability like Karlsson has. If not, retain and trade or buy him out when we actually look to be competitive.

100%.  This is the best and optimal route for both players.  This has been explained over and over and over again yet people keep throwing out these ridiculous options without thinking it through.  Honestly, although it's a message board, it's literally talking to a brick wall.

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

I was not aware OEL had a NMC anymore. I thought it was void once he was traded to Vancouver. Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Truthfully, I haven’t followed the team that closely because I’ve been dealing with serious health problems. 

I just know when I do tune into games, I am frustrated to no end when Myers and OEL are out there on the ice. 

I apologize for my ignorance. 

Don't take it too personally, it just gets difficult reading something along those lines, numerous times, EVERY day, when neither route is remotely realistic to anyone with any clue as to contract status, buyout costs etc.

It becomes a little mind numbing :picard::lol:

Best of luck on your health issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Don't take it too personally, it just gets difficult reading something along those lines, numerous times, EVERY day, when neither route is remotely realistic to anyone with any clue as to contract status, buyout costs etc.

I didn’t take it personally at all. Clearly, I was wrong and should have read the whole topic through. I do appreciate the information and the well wishes. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Truth, for many reasons listed we are stuck with Myers and OEL long term 

Myers expires next year. He should also be moveable after his bonus is paid in the summer and he's only got $1m of actual salary left. So no, we're not stuck with him long term.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Tell me about it, this one guy and his ~ always going on about Carolina~s Kotkaniemi in relation to a JT Miller trade EVERY DAMN ~ DAY

All about his PPG and his ~~~~ and his ~ this ~ that ~ here a ~ everywhere a ~ ~......mind numbing :mellow:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Looking forward to the payday on Schenn r

Schenn is probably better, than the return we get back (immediately for sure)

But, he probably won't be much when we are ready to compete anyways ?

Nice to get an asset back for a lost season and not have him help us win more meaningless games this year on, is helpful in itself at this point

Having the chance to resign him in the off season, (if both sides want it) is still an option as well

7 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

Truthfully, I haven’t followed the team that closely because I’ve been dealing with serious health problems. 

I just know when I do tune into games, I am frustrated to no end when Myers and OEL are out there on the ice. 

I apologize for my ignorance. 

Hope you get better. You’re an old school veteran here, if I’m not mistaken. 

When you tune in, tune in to the GDT(God Dammit Tank!) thread here. 

It’s the most carefree and entertaining way to watch a Canucks game. I promise you. You’re part of a collective that is ‘Thinkin about tomorrow’. 

And we have the best gifs! 

Join us Monday.