The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

3 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

We could offer half what we are paying Myers and he would take it, look at last 4 years of rentalsmanship on his history. And he has kidlets. I bet he would do 2.1 for 4 years no issues

and at that price we could park OEL and Myers and continue with the youth we saw in his place tonight

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Great. But no I wouldn't use Schenn to get rid of Myers. Keep Schenn or trade him for a decent asset. Not use him as a sweetener.

A buy out on Myers makes his cap hit $5.33m next season, so not worth a buy out to just save $667k.

Actually costs us more than his current cap hit once you replace him in the lineup. Negative cap to pay Myers not to play for us :lol:

9 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

He will be an unrestricted free agent. There is no qualifying offer for UFA's.

Must be going for the record of how many things he can get wrong in one thread?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

He came out and said he and his wife are losing sleep because of the trade rumors. Something tells me he isn't interested in leaving. I mean, I guess he could be lying. Doesn't seem like a thing Schenner would do.

Yeah I get that, trying to figure out what Eastcoast was trying to propose.

11 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

He would totally re-sign here… I am just confused where you were going with the Matthews talk and needing to keep Schenn till summer.

Im just saying I would give up Schenn if someone took Myers contract as well, and gave us a real asset. not a prospect. and Miller is the only $$$$ that would make it happen

2 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Im just saying I would give up Schenn if someone took Myers contract as well, and gave us a real asset. not a prospect. and Miller is the only $$$$ that would make it happen

so yeah Matthews. balance the Cap for both teams. Millar, Myers, Schenn for Matthews.. maybe we take some roster numbers for NHLPA or whatever

• elephant 1