The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Like I'll never forgive Andersson for being in the draft spot Benning gave away for Baertschi

To be fair, Benning was allergic to drafting defencemen so he probably would have picked a big winger who scored a lot one year in junior but whose skills likely wouldn’t transfer to the NHL.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea we just have to accept it.

He keeps us in games but he’s good for at least one softy a game.

Considering the grade A chances we give up, he’s doing the best he can.

The GAA for this team is the biggest tell of the problem this team has. It's just an ugly and unfixable number with the players they have with this group. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yea we just have to accept it.

He keeps us in games but he’s good for at least one softy a game.

Considering the grade A chances we give up, he’s doing the best he can.

ya i'm not blaming him. he's been ok/decent but nothing spectacular. you'd think one of our goalie would stand on their head and absolutely steal u a game here and there after almost 30 games. there's been a couple games martin was good giving up 1 goal only i think but i don't recall it was him standing on his head that stole the game. i think neither goalie have absolutely stolen a game this year and it's mostly the offence rescuing the game along with some timely saves

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Reaves owning the Wings.

Reeves was a guy I would have been fine paying 3 mil to put in his 10 minutes in the 4th line.  During the “safe working environment” phase of the organization.  

I miss when we always had a serious goon or two on the roster and if you aren’t contending I swear it’s a good investment entertainment and development wise.

Huge missed opportunity.  

• Like 2

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

ya i'm not blaming him. he's been ok/decent but nothing spectacular. you'd think one of our goalie would stand on their head and absolutely steal u a game here and there after almost 30 games. there's been a couple games martin was good giving up 1 goal only i think but i don't recall it was him standing on his head that stole the game. i think neither goalie have absolutely stolen a game this year and it's mostly the offence rescuing the game along with some timely saves

Everything defensively this year has been a disaster. Defencemen, Forwards, Goalies, PK.