The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What the Pettersson/Pederson/Kuzmenko line showed is the type of elite passing skill the Canucks have been lacking for quite a while.

Passing the puck is the best way to move the game offensively, every other team in the league seems to know this, but the Canucks have been stuck in dump and chase as the main focus ever since Green puts his cold, dead hands on the team.

Maybe watching this line play can inspire Miller/Horvat/Garland/Boeser/etc.

Of course we really don't know how well this line plays defensively versus a good team, but right now as long as they have the puck they are making things happen... so a good reason to keep them together.

Of course they do need to sign Kuzmenko.... but maybe that will be easier if he understands his bread and butter is Pettersson feeding him.

• Cheers 2

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Maybe they need to sit Myers too... he could use a few reflective moments in the press box.

Never! no chaos giraffe then its a bunch of undersized d men.

canucks already have enough trouble containing opposing forwards in the D zone.

I'm a Myers supporter, you can't teach size and its something that seems to be vastly over looked on cdc.

remember when Tuch was skating circles around the canucks in the playoffs? myers came back, hit him once and no more Tuch.

• Sad 1
  • There it is 1

23 minutes ago, Devron said:

What if they don’t because winning line up?? 

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

Bruce knows they won the game only because EP40 refused to let his team to lose.

Scratching Bear instead of at least 3 other dmen who should have been in the press box almost brought them another embarrassing home loss. The only line creating anything offensively was Petey line while the others were totally flatlined. 

An exciting performance & win by your best player tonight, but definitely something that's not gonna happen again anytime soon.

• Cheers 3

Did the rule change, or am I misremembering: I thought a player in the penalty box at the end of OT cannot be one of the first three shooters for their team.  was surprised Eberle got a chance then.  Glad his SO goal didnt hurt anything (except Spencer's pride)

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Weak d core or not. He’s better than Stillman and Myers by a mile. The eye test doesn’t lie and there’s every analytic stat to back it up 

how many goals has Bear deflected into his own net the last 5 games

how many lost coverage goals against by bear?

how many turnovers?

Homer glasses exist, his mistakes are peewee level.

Like it or not, Myers, Schenn, Poolman, Burroughs, Bear.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I'm a Myers supporter, you can't teach size and its something that seems to be vastly over looked on cdc.

remember when Tuch was skating circles around the canucks in the playoffs? myers came back, hit him once and no more Tuch.

I defended Myers big time. I loved him in the playoffs. But the man has declined. He’s awful now. Anytime he uses his size he ends up in the box. He gives the puck away all the time and it’s a miracle when he can clear the puck.

Myers sucks. Didn’t always suck imo but this year has been some of the worst defending I’ve seen. Gudbranson type sh!t. I’d rather have guddy cause he can break faces and as atrocious as his 4 million AAV is it’s 2 million better than Myers  

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I will be forever happy if they just sat Myer's giraffe neck ass in the press box for the rest of the season and take the L with his contract.

He cannot play defense to save his life.

Take a page from Toronto's cap circumvention playbook and send him to Robidas Island.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

how many turnovers?

Flat out wrong. You’re on an island my friend 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Man, what a game. 

Its a shame that I'm so pessimistic about these guys that I pretty much pvr and then fast forward through the game whenever we are down. 

That meant I was fast forwarding lots today as we fell a goal early, and everytime we tied it, I'd watch the replay and then we let another in immediately after and I resume fast forwarding. 

It really sucks that in years past, a game like this would have me jumping through the roof but now, it's reduced to a 20 min condensed game. 

Im still in awe of Petey but I can't quite describe this new feeling as a lifelong canucks fan. 

I feel soulless lol

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

how many turnovers?

Love Bear, Myers or Stillman can be scratched for him 

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Man, what a game. 

Its a shame that I'm so pessimistic about these guys that I pretty much pvr and then fast forward through the game whenever we are down. 

That meant I was fast forwarding lots today as we fell a goal early, and everytime we tied it, I'd watch the replay and then we let another in immediately after and I resume fast forwarding. 

It really sucks that in years past, a game like this would have me jumping through the roof but now, it's reduced to a 20 min condensed game. 

Im still in awe of Petey but I can't quite describe this new feeling as a lifelong canucks fan. 

I feel soulless lol

Same. My positivity is drained. I think the reason is anytime we score it feels like basketball. Woo like who cares,  the opposition is just going to score anyways hah

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

Same. My positivity is drained. I think the reason is anytime we score it feels like basketball. Woo like who cares,  the opposition is just going to score anyways hah

Lol i think you nailed it. 

I think everytime we score, it's knowing that the other team will come back and score that prevents me from even enjoying the present goal. 

So many blown leads  and defensive breakdowns makes it hard to get excited even when a good thing happens on the ice. So jaded now. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Thing with Myers is he doesn’t use his size enough.

His play today was not bad. I liked his reach with the stick on a back check that stopped a breakaway. 

I think Myers would be great if he dumbed it down a bit. Would also be good if he stayed in front of his net to clear people out or stay in front of the opposing net on power plays to screen their goalie. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1