The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday December 23 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers - 6:00pm PT/7pm MT/9:00pm ET - Rogers Place

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Stillman over Burroughs again?

Haven't seen such a blatant case of a coach trying to mask his Pres/GM's blunder of giving up a second round pick for a small bit of cap room for one year. 

Patterson said Bruce stuck with right handed shots so he thought burroughs would be out for bear. I liked burroughs aggressiveness last game, i thought stillman showed some jump too (with a few mistakes). We'll probably find out soonish.

I'll update the lines when i get them, the current nucks lines are what i hope + lines used in the 3rd vs the kraken

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
s
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Patterson said Bruce stuck with right handed shots so he thought burroughs would be out for bear. I liked burroughs aggressiveness last game, i thought stillman showed some jump too (with a few mistakes). We'll probably find out soonish

Its not that Stillman is awful. But he doesn't bring any offensive flair,  puck moving skills, more than Burroughs.  I think, in fact, that Burroughs is undervalued as a puck mover. Smart with the puck in his own zone compared to a few of them. But he also adds that toughness that Stillman could, but hasn't much yet. 

Of course neither of them are going to win the Norris anytime soon, and that decision is not hugely important to the game, but I don't understand Bruces thinking if its NOT that he's just covering for his boss.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Its not that Stillman is awful. But he doesn't bring any offensive flair,  puck moving skills, more than Burroughs.  I think, in fact, that Burroughs is undervalued as a puck mover. Smart with the puck in his own zone compared to a few of them. But he also adds that toughness that Stillman could, but hasn't much yet. 

Of course neither of them are going to win the Norris anytime soon, and that decision is not hugely important to the game, but I don't understand Bruces thinking if its NOT that he's just covering for his boss.

No, he’s VERY awful.

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe BB isn’t making the choices on who plays?  Clearly BB was overruled when he tried to sit Brock test one game. 

How was BB overruled.. Joshua was injured.

Man I cannot stand Canucks fans with sensationalist takes like this 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

he's ok, he's not great but he doesn't cause too much damage i guess. I think studz hitting could help more so i'd like to see him in but who knows.

We are keeping players that 'dont cause much damage'?

Thats not a recipe for success. 

Dries gets owned every time hes on the ice.  He is way too easy for the opposition to play against and needs to go. 

11 minutes ago, Hectic said:

How was BB overruled.. Joshua was injured.

Man I cannot stand Canucks fans with sensationalist takes like this 

Ah yes “injuried”…a slight pull/strain that developed once a PR person told PA that Boeser had been scratched on hockey fights cancer night. I hate those nagging injuries…known as a Swedish Headache.

• There it is 1