The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 29 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets - 5:00pm PT/6pm MT/8:00pm ET - Canada Life Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Is there anyone that still wouldn’t?

We get out of 8 million dollars a year for Miller while picking up a 21 year old former 1st overall pick.

Where’s the downside?

I wouldn’t. Laf is not the generational talent he was made to be. Miller is the better player and will continue to be so into his 30’s. I doubt Laf will ever get 99 points or be a co-MVP like Miller was.

Even with Miller’s struggles this year his production is good for 5M. He will only get better once his speed returns. I’ve noticed his defensive game has improved a lot in the last few games. Just needs that end to end rushing play like he had last year and then we will know that he is fully back.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The good:  WPG has some injuries and they're at home, during the holidays, so hopefully they'll be  little sleepy.

Canucks don't beat WPG often, but they have a good chance tonight. They have the skill and can score in bunches. Have to figure out how to beat Hellebuyck. It would be great of they never looked back at 0.500 and continued the winning. Start catching up to teams, get into that wildcard spot. Hopefully Demko comes back in a few weeks and returns to form. They could make a big trade or two at the TDL and maybe they go for it. Maybe we haven't seen the best of this team yet. 

Oh man your optimism about this team’s potential ALMOST has me believing! I used to feel we were a couple good pieces away from being a dark horse contender but this team has let me down too many times. I won’t be fooled again!

Although if I dig down deep enough I still think we’re a couple pieces away from a good playoff run lol. I’m a Canucks fan, I’ll never learn!

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

embarrassing how the NHL allows this, because I have no other option. I have Bell, I have SN Now +.. wtf else am I supposed to do? 

I have EVERY SINGLE NBA game the entire season. Do they just want me to spend my time watching the NBA instead? 

"Grow the game" they said. "It works" they said. It will be a 5th tier sport until they get their heads out of their arses.

Can't wait for grandpa to retire.

On a side note. You should look into other tv options, that are half the price and triple your viewing pleasures.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It depends what team shows up. It seems like the Jets are unbeatable. 

We definitely need jump and to break in, perimeter shots won't cut it but Bruce mentioned that in his pregame.

Hellybuyck is good but he did lose to calgary, vegas and Pittsburgh, all teams we have beaten. They didn't look awful against the Wild and had some chances but I think their injuries have finally exposed their depth. Also the canucks didn't have pettersson last time, so that's a sign for optimism too. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Is there anyone that still wouldn’t?

We get out of 8 million dollars a year for Miller while picking up a 21 year old former 1st overall pick.

Where’s the downside?

Maybe.. just maybe, that’s been management’s plan all along..

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF by Adult Swim

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

We definitely need jump and to break in, perimeter shots won't cut it but Bruce mentioned that in his pregame.

Hellybuyck is good but he did lost to calgary, vegas and Pittsburgh, all teams we have beaten. They didn't look awful against the Wild and had some chances but I think their injuries have finally exposed their depth. Also the canucks didn't have pettersson last time, so that's a sign for optimism too. 

Hellybuyck sure plays the psychopath goalie part well. 

Z2lwaHkuZ2lm.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Full image:

FlLQtr4acAAkbKU?format=jpg&name=medium

Less about the goalie and more about the team in front of him.

The Jets play a style that the Canucks simply can’t break through. They end up trying to force plays and the Jets just patiently wait to capitalize.

If the Canucks are gonna win this it’s likely gonna have to be on the strength of their powerplay.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Less about the goalie and more about the team in front of him.

The Jets play a style that the Canucks simply can’t break through. They end up trying to force plays and the Jets just patiently wait to capitalize.

If the Canucks are gonna win this it’s likely gonna have to be on the strength of their powerplay.

Last game in Winnipeg, Canucks won 5-1, miller had a hattrick and the Jets and Hellebuyck were very mortal.

image.png.777c3bd3aafd8dce2e5d0de28d056b29.png

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
s
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

"Grow the game" they said. "It works" they said. It will be a 5th tier sport until they get their heads out of their arses.

Can't wait for grandpa to retire.

On a side note. You should look into other tv options, that are half the price and triple your viewing pleasures.

38 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

embarrassing how the NHL allows this, because I have no other option. I have Bell, I have SN Now +.. wtf else am I supposed to do? 

I have EVERY SINGLE NBA game the entire season. Do they just want me to spend my time watching the NBA instead? 

Yeah it’s not really a great tactic  by the league actually kind of insulting to devoted fans like you

start a petition!! I’m certain you would get a ton of support from cdc alone. 

we almost got Rory Fitzpatrick into the nhl all star game :rolleyes: