The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] How about Boeser for Lafreniere?

7 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

none of those players were 1st and 2nd overall picks and ya might as well throw 2 2nd round picks in there because that's a relevant comparison too right?

Right, not sure how but I misread your post. I missed the "overall" part.

it's quite interesting how Lafrieniere and Byfield have so far underperformed relative to their draft position. I still think both could break through but it's becoming more apparent Stutzle is maybe the #1 guy if a redraft is done in done in 2 years.

Edited by iinatcc

The Rangers say no, and the league says no. This thing called cap exists. They have like none this year, and they have to re-sign K'andre Miller this summer, who looks to be a bit of a stud. A lot of their high cap players have NMCs. Doubt they waive to come here and I'd even argue they're worth more than Boeser alone. Let alone adding in Laffy.

But, if we wanna target Laffy or Kakko. We could send em Kuzmenko. It'd really depend on how desperately they wanna make a run. But Kuzmenko and Panarin could become best buds. Would help them with negotiations. Kuzmenko and Schenn for one of their struggling kids and maybe a 1st rounder. And if we can squeeze Schneider outta them even better.

Yes, I would do this in a minute, and would probably even eat 50% of Boeser's contract to make the cap work. Lafreniere has too much overall skill and talent not to take that type of risk. Shelter him for the rest of the season and ease him up in playing time as he learns better defensive responsibility.

Boeser at 50% retained might actually make a deal like this work. Send them back their 4th rounder in the upcoming draft if they need a little more.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, Nucksfollower1983 said:

side note, you gotta love how the rangers have a 1st and 2nd overall pick that havent lived up to the expectations

what i’ve read is Laf is behind Kreider and Panarin on the left side. Kravstov has come in and played ok as well so he’s just not getting enough prime ice.

They’re doing what the old Canucks used to do, get a high pick and throw him into a checking role 

They’re going to bust him if not careful and his value is declining, first overall means nothing once you’ve been around a couple of years. Is Kakko really the value of a second overall today? no same reason

Canucks should be all over this as he would be a great first line LW and replace Bo’s scoring eventually. 

Laff is going to be an RFA this year I believe. I wonder if we do move off from Horvat and sell some of our other guys if trying to steal Laff away for 2nd round compensation. NYR won’t have the cap space and if they did move stuff around to match it would kind of suck to use that much money on a contending team for somebody who doesn’t deserve it. I would think they’ll try to get him for the same they gave Kakko around 2 mill so if we came in and offered 4 mill for a year they might have to let him go for a 2nd round pick.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:03 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d do Horvat and Schenn for Lafreniere, Schneider and a 2023 1st round pick. 

From the scouting report on Schneider, I think you’re on the right track targeting him in a trade for any of our players.

• Upvote 1