The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well they are only .500 and 19th in points percentage so no. They win ten straight against good teams then maybe.

This team gave me false hope the last 2 seasons, and I will not have high hope until they make some significant changes to the roster.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I just don’t see the point in posting shots when we gave up 4 goals.

Myers/OEL took it on the chin against the Scheifele line on a few shifts but a lot of the shots didn’t seem particularly dangerous. 

Bear, who has been overall very good for us, had a rough game with the penalties / penalty shot and the PK, as usual, was abysmal.  The whole team went to sleep in the 2nd and didn’t have enough push in the 3rd. 

Just the usual lazy “bluuugh OEL and Myers bad” take that gets trotted out every game even when they weren’t the reasons any goals were given up. 

The 2nd was awful.  Not to take too much away from that awfulness (cuz that 2nd was all their own mess), but officiating didn't help much either.  BS that Schiefele doesn't get 2 for tripping Hughes late there.  I didnt like that bad icing call in the 1st, which gave the Jets some life in a game they were asleep for much of to that point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

Miller is a good player, but that should be unacceptable.  Third string goalie is here filling a big hole while Demko is out - yelling at the guy in public and smashing his stick over the net is not a good team move, no matter what the score is and no matter how much you hate losing.  Been watching for a long time, seen some pretty good players, on both Canucks and the other teams, I dont recall ever seeing anything like that during a game.  Imagine if an opposing player did something like that.

Maybe its not a big deal, but there are a number of things adding up that give me a bad feeling about Miller.

I dont hate the guy, I just dont think hes the right fit for the long term.

I thought I had the game on pvr, but I agree embarrassing a 3rd string goalie who stopped the team from being embarrassed does not look good on team unity. Imagine if our goalies start yelling and freaking at our defence or forwards out of position (not scoring or breaking out early or late) or scorers leaving it to the last minute to win a game

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

43 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya. I agree. I think it's hard when they are trying to continue with this idea that they can get past a rebuild by retooling. Their major problem is they have no abundance of picks or prospects to try to do what they are doing. 

What confused me the most, was them saying the wanted to get younger and change the team around, followed by signing Miller... 

Together with drafting Lekkerimaki instead of Bischel or the other big D man available at our draft position...

Then a really poor start together with Demko injury, which should really be catalyst for the changes they were talking about, but nothing... 

I fully expect to pick 12-16 range again, just outside the Bedard sweepstakes...

I do cheer for every win, and I'm happy to see the team win, but I'm a fan, so that's to be expected. 

Management job, on the other hand, is to view it all logically, make a plan and stick to it, and leave the pompoms to us fans. 

I think they had a plan, but it blew up in their faces, when Miller didn't continue as a play driver, but Bo suddenly did.

Regardless, if their plan was to trade Bo, he at least it making himself irresistable, just like Kuz is....

TDL will be interesting... 

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Problem is. If you finish last. You have less than 1 in 5 chance of drafting 1st overall. (18.5%)

So the Canucks could lose every game the rest of the way. Finish last, and still draft 3rd overall.

If we were to draft 3rd OA this is the year to do so... or so it seems at least. 

• Upvote 2