The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller Interview on Delia Incident

Rate this topic

JamesB

I understand Miller wants the win but his behavior is unacceptable. At lease he should apologize to his teammates. and the fans.

This season he made lot of giveaways, and the attitude after these giveaways, making me he has not really care the win / loss.

Trade him and use the cap hit for Bo is my suggestion.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Give your head a shake. Miller might be frustrating and arrogant at times, but nowhere close to what Messier was in Vancouver.

As for my thoughts on Miller--I think what he did was a dumb and selfish move that was unfortunately seen by the public eye. He's a competitor and one who doesn't control himself very well when emotional, which leads to him making mistakes, both hockey mistakes and interpersonal mistakes.

That said, I think that as long as both players are reasonably gracious, I think this will be water under the bridge for Delia and Miller pretty quickly. In the heat of competition, I think many players would expect some guys to say or do dumb things due to the extreme emotions fueling through them and give them a break for some dumb things they say or do.

If Miller continued to rag on Delia even after the game and the following day, etc., then I would have a serious issue with this. As it is, he's a hothead who loses control when he gets overly emotional, which is a flaw, but one I could live with, as long as he realizes his wrongdoings later when he's cooler-minded and apologizes.

Good comment. I agree,. In the heat of the moment it is easy to say or do something stupid. What bothers me is the interview the next day.  He should have cooled down by then. All he had to do was cool down and say "I made a mistake and I apologized to Delia". Instead his comments in his interview made things worse, not better.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Good comment. I agree,. In the heat of the moment it is easy to say or do something stupid. What bothers me is the interview the next day.  He should have cooled down by then. All he had to do was cool down and say "I made a mistake and I apologized to Delia". Instead his comments in his interview made things worse, not better.

I think it reflects on the fact that teams get tired of having to answer to the media/outsiders about stuff that is "their business". Especially when there's frustration setting in and a lot of negativity swirling around with media hounds chomping at the bit to get something to run with. Everything's a story these days and I'm ok with him saying what he did. We don't need to be in on every single thing that happens within a team. It's their deal. JT was the first one congratulating Delia on a great save but somehow it gets more readers on board to have a villain. To take that angle rather than just taking it for what it was...a guy with urgency in the dying minute of the game with possession who was waiting for his goaltender to get off so the extra attacker was in play and they could try to bang in the tying goal. Big bad wolf stories over something twisted into big meanie stories.

He showed nothing but respect to his teammates in that interview but suddenly it's not about that.  I'm sure his teammates are happy to just let this fizzle out rather than put them in yet another negative headline that's built up out of nothing.

322584578_483338230629103_63730064376451

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yeah, I think Miller really has it out for the media and probably loses his cool in the midst of interviews all over again. He and the media are really not on the same team at all.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I think it reflects on the fact that teams get tired of having to answer to the media/outsiders about stuff that is "their business". Especially when there's frustration setting in and a lot of negativity swirling around with media hounds chomping at the bit to get something to run with. Everything's a story these days and I'm ok with him saying what he did. We don't need to be in on every single thing that happens within a team. It's their deal. JT was the first one congratulating Delia on a great save but somehow it gets more readers on board to have a villain. To take that angle rather than just taking it for what it was...a guy with urgency in the dying minute of the game with possession who was waiting for his goaltender to get off so the extra attacker was in play and they could try to bang in the tying goal. Big bad wolf stories over something twisted into big meanie stories.

He showed nothing but respect to his teammates in that interview but suddenly it's not about that.  I'm sure his teammates are happy to just let this fizzle out rather than put them in yet another negative headline.

322584578_483338230629103_63730064376451

You keep referencing this big meanie thing , that has nothing to do with it Period. but what it does show is a clear and unreprehinsable lack of proper leadership, respect for a teammate , comradery , professionalism. And publicly no less. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

You keep referencing this big meanie thing , that has nothing to do with it Period. but what it does show is a clear and unreprehinsable lack of proper leadership, respect for a teammate , comradery , professionalism. And publicly no less. 

It has everything to do with it...people have decided on JT, one way or another.

And they're simply...differing opinions. That's all.

Cheers, never going to change your mind. Same over on this side so we can agree to disagree and still be friends (I hope).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

all these apologists.......that it was just Miller'surgency, or his super compete attitude.........can they find anyone else who has done that?

Miller reeks of the Patrick Roy attitude, but without the actual ability to carry a team to the promise land.

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

all these apologists.......that it was just Miller'surgency, or his super compete attitude.........can they find anyone else who has done that?

Miller reeks of the Patrick Roy attitude, but without the actual ability to carry a team to the promise land.

Our top point getter last year....but let's ignore that because it doesn't fit with the narrative.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

It has everything to do with it...people have decided on JT, one way or another.

And they're simply...differing opinions. That's all.

Cheers, never going to change your mind. Same over on this side so we can agree to disagree and still be friends (I hope).

No your not going to. I’ll take my unimpressive opinion and shut the h3ll up.  That is until the next time he pulls off some similar classless act. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

No your not going to. I’ll take my unimpressive opinion and shut the h3ll up.  That is until the next time he pulls off some similar classless act. 

My son reminds me every single time...trust me. I know that many (most) aren't on board with JT. It's ok, they'll come around once he starts hitting the scoresheet again. Just like last year.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Are you ok with miller doing that to Petey?  Or Podz or any other young player coming into the team in the next 7 years.  Is that the culture you want for the team going forward?  

Delia is 28 years old. He’s only one year younger than Miller. He ain’t no rookie. He should know when to get off the ice when he’s supposed to. Stop making it look like he’s some guy we just drafted and is still learning the game. 

• Cheers 1