The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday December 31 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/9:00pm CT/10:00 PM ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, jyu said:

I still can't believe there are fans that love Miller.

He doesn't even hit anymore. No forecheck. Just wants the puck on his stick so that he can turn it over and pout his way to the bench.

Like what part of his game is “heart” this season?

I don’t see a player that wants to win, I see a guy that throws his head back after every turnover and floats around the ice.

His deal is gonna age so poorly if we don’t find a team willing to trade for him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, combover said:

Nope it’s a 100% accurate it’s going to take time to fix stupid Jim’s mistakes 

What else is there though other than OEL? Could have traded Brock and JT? 
Myers, Pearson have one more year.

Right now Miller looks like the ultimate mistake. That’s colossal if he can’t be traded or figure his sh!t out,

8 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

How did Boeser trick two Gms to give him so much money for zero effort night in and night out?

Nobody saw this coming before Boeser was re-signed.  I can't defend it but his Dad just died.  Remember how the wheels fell off Tiger Woods after his Dad died?  It's hard to watch.  Nobody would want him at that salary now

Thinking Miller needs to be demoted to 2nd Unit Powerplay.

He is contributing nothing right now...

-  Not gaining entry well for PP

-  Not getting set up for a one timer pass from Hughes

-  Not attacking the net... all he does is take the occasional shot from the periphery... he is the one guy in the Canucks who can take the puck to the net... he's not doing it

-  Not making the passes to Horvat that are needed... because he is not moving around and forcing the D to shift and open passing lanes

The whole PP is very static right now...  they are complacent after their good start... meanwhile everyone in the league has the book on them.

I would prefer to see Mikhayev or Boeser get a chance and see what they can do.

And maybe the demotion might light a fire under Miller.... he needs a kick in the a$$ to get him out of his self-satisfied/self-righteous sulk.

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

I'm sure Messier and Keenan meant well too!

We can't have floaters on this team. The Canucks team identity has always been and should continue to be hard work; we might not be the most skilled team but we have to come ready to outwork the other team. 

Messier sure as hell didn't mean well.  Miller cares; that chip eating scumbag outright refused to even try to put in an acceptable effort, and then turned around and sued the franchise after floating so much they should have suspended him without pay.

Edited by King Heffy

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

That’s brilliant.

Clearly you haven’t had enough to drink.

Are you okay? :ph34r:

::D

The realization that the next 7 new year eve's is going to involve Miller... is making me very sober no matter how much I drink. Need to chug more down.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Nothing can be a bigger mistake than that OEL trade.

Miller can be fixed by management. Just move out Horvat AND Miller at TDL.

Cause we have OEL instead of Guenther? Miller is taking the whole team down…

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

Cause we have OEL instead of Guenther? Miller is taking the whole team down…

- OEL and cap space

- Overpaying on veterans

- Letting Tanev, Markstrom and Tofolli walk set us back massively 

- Overpaying on 4th liners

- Tossing 2nd liners like its nothing.

Current management hasn’t come close to that bad yet. However, they are directionless so it feels worse.

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Nope it’s a 100% accurate it’s going to take time to fix stupid Jim’s mistakes 

Well, I guess you are right. 2 years to fix stupid Jim's mistakes.

Compounded by the mistakes made by Allvin, now we are looking at 7 years.

Thank you Allvin.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

All due respect to Eddie, but maybe getting traded extended his career a bit and what was needed in terms of a shakeup to get him back into form. A new challenge.
Sometimes that’s just what it takes for a player. It’s no slag on our club. 

Actually it is.

Green was playing Edler as a #1 D.... which he clearly wasn't.

Too much of a load... too much ice time.

LA took him and initially put him on the 3rd pairing... then moved him up to the 2nd pairing... and then the 1st pairing when Doughty got injured.

This year it is the third pairing.

Right now I'd take Edler at $750,000 per year on the 5/6 rather than any of the current Canucks who are playing that position.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Aquilini did everything in his power to avoid a rebuild for 10 years and now we are ironically going to be in a rebuild when trying to be competitive :lol:

You know, even at this point, after 10 years of crappy play, they still don't get why they are where they are