The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who among the higher priced Canuck Forwards should the Team trade?

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

Which Forward should Team Management prioritize trading?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. List your first choice for a trade

• Elias Pettersson (pending... likely $8.5 million + )
    • JT Miller ($8 million)
    • Bo Horvat (pending... likely $7 million + )
    • Brock Boeser ($6.65 million)
    • Connor Garland ($4.95 million)
    • Andrei Kuzmenko (pending... likely $5 million + )
    • Ilya Mikheyev ($4.75 million)
    • Tanner Pearson ($3.25 million)
  2. 2. Should the team be willing to eat some CAP to allow a player to be traded?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2023 at 08:01 AM

Cute graphic, OP.

While everyone is talking about who should go and who should stay, all I'm thinking about is the fact the real reason this team hasn't found success isn't exactly known. 

I mean, we could say our lineup simply isn't good enough, but why not? On paper, this is a good team - even with a D that needs work. We certainly pay them enough. The names are there. Is it poor leadership? Coaching? Effort or character? Yes, previous management pushed us into cap hell, but we aren't the only team dealing with that.

We can shuffle the the players (again) like a deck of cards, but is it possible we'd be destined to the same result?

There is something inherently WRONG with this team. Negativity, whatever. The media doesn't help, but they never have. But something has to be fixed other than the personnel out on the ice.

• Cheers 1

It was a tough choice between Miller or Boeser, but I chose that Boeser be traded. Character issues aside, Miller offers more at 8m than Boeser does at 6.6m. The lower cap hit and shorter term theoretically makes Boeser easier to trade as well.

• Cheers 1

Lol just thinking about this current situation makes me so mad... 

Last deadline, we could have at least gotten a 1st and a good prospect for Miller and re-signed Horvat to 6.5m ish

Signed Boeser to a QO of 1 year, retained cap at this deadline and traded him for a 2nd once we saw that Kuz outperformed him and took his spot. 

Use that money to re-sign Kuz. 

Like everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. 

We even traded a 2nd for Stillman. 

What a rough year... 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Iron Man said:

It was a tough choice between Miller or Boeser, but I chose that Boeser be traded. Character issues aside, Miller offers more at 8m than Boeser does at 6.6m. The lower cap hit and shorter term theoretically makes Boeser easier to trade as well.

Not only has management tried to move Boeser but his agent has been given the green light too. No one wants him, espeially with his contract. He's generally recognized as a one trick pony and a soft one to boot. At some point wesimply need to start waiving players

Edited by Fred65

Flip Boeser and Miller. Ideally Myers too (teams want him for some reason but will have to send cap back) and play a bit of roulette. Flip wingers for D and centers. I just can't see Myers moved cap-wise, but if we can somehow fleece Washington or Pittsburgh? 

Myers for Mantha or Zucker (cap dump obviously)

Boeser for Monahan

Miller for Severson

Garland+ for Dumba?

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Mantha - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Monahan - Dries

Joshua - Lazar - Aman

Hughes - Severson

OEL - Dumba

Schenn - Bear

A lot of those contracts expire next season so we can make some decisions then...

Well, you never know what this management are going to do and I have absolutely zero confidence in them.

Firstly, they had a huge opportunity to trade Miller last year for picks/player that would have sped up the ‘retool/rebuild’

They f’d that up.

Secondly, they have another huge opportunity to trade Horvat and I expect Kuzmenko as well.

Bo should get grade A prospect, 1st round pick and a young 3rd line C

Kuzmenko should get either a grade A prospect and a 2nd or a 1st and a decent prospect.

Again, opportunities to push this team forward a bit.

If they don’t pull the trigger on both of these trades (I’d also get rid of Boeser as well for a pick to gain cap space)  then this management deserve to be chased out of Vancouver.

Should have traded Miller and Boeser.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

KEEP BO FOR SURE YOU ADD A FEW NEW GUYS THAT BO LIKES THEN THIS TEAM GET FASTER TOUGHER AND YOU GET A TEAM THAT WILL NOT BE PUSHED AROUND...YOU  KEEPTOO MANY SOFT GUYS YOU WILL NEVER WIN...

If Bo wants to stay during a re-? again or still

And not at 9 mil a season either.

I wonder if Washington would take on Miller for Mantha? Especially if the Canucks retained on the remainder of his current contract as his new one is in effect until September so no automatic retention on that one.

The cap could be compromised, I know it is early to post about this but that bankruptcy affects 12 NHL teams revenue stream's.