The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Keep going with the current roster because you believe they can be good is already “f’n around”. They’ve shown their so far from the top teams it’s gonna take years to get there anyways.

Either Pettersson and Hughes are committed to being a part of that building or they’re not. You can’t keep putting out an average roster because you’re afraid of losing two players.

Never said the current roster was good, but you don’t need to keep dragging things out EXTRA years to the point of your star players leaving. There is an efficient re-tool or re-build and then there is f’n around and dragging things out, which will prolong how long this takes, which was my point! Some of you are already b******* that it’s been 8 years. So, this can be done efficiently in 2-3 or loose our star players and it will be another 8-10 and you and your other pals on here will really be losing your s***!! Do you understand how good Petey and Hughes are and how detrimental losing them would be?! At some point you need to build on what you have and move forward…not keep getting rid of good / great players, only to have to replace them again & again! 

Your Canuck / hockey knowledge is hot garbage!! Again, ignorance and assumption as facts! 

Best case is we trade Miller for a 1st this draft and get a player to help plus a prospect,like the Horvat trade.  

We do need vets to help the young guys. 

Maybe get one back with two years or sign a couple off season and pull a tml and trade them next tdl.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Managements own strategy has changed though and they’ve admitted it.

It’s pretty obvious that almost every option is on the table and that they’ve already said they may trade players they didn’t plan to.

Anyone but Petey is an option. Trade Petey’s 2C, and you set him up for failure as he enters his prime

9 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

You're more comfortable basing your opinion off "what ifs". I'm more comfortable forming my opinion off evidence based off the past.

You're right, I don't know his current fitness, but neither do you? I asked if you knew anything about him having a high fitness level in my last post and didn't get a response. Again, what's more likely to be a final outcome. A player entering their 30s makes notable fitness advances, or a player entering their 30s starts to see a decline like the majority of players do. I work in physical fitness and rehabilitation professionally, in my experience it's the latter.

We don't have a crystal ball, we don't know the future. But the next best thing is using the evidence we have available to make an educated guess. That's why some of us didn't want to trade for OEL or sign Miller or Horvat long term.

You asking me, but neither do you! Are you dumb??? I said happy medium with stuff…and I SAID IT COULD GO EITHER WAY! But, taking care of yourself helps the cause. You’re the one acting like it’s a given he’ll decline. 

This f’n forum sometime!! 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

You asking me, but neither do you! Are you dumb??? I said happy medium with stuff…and I SAID IT COULD GO EITHER WAY! But, taking care of yourself helps the cause. You’re the one acting like it’s a given he’ll decline. 

This f’n forum sometime!! 

Am I dumb? Why reduce yourself to acting like that just because someone questions you on something. No need to act like a child.

It's not a given, just drastically more likely.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

Anyone but Petey is an option. Trade Petey’s 2C, and you set him up for failure as he enters his prime

That’s assuming you don’t replace that 2nd line center.

How did we get Miller? Trading a late 1st and a third.

Why can’t we make another trade for a cost controlled center who’s younger? Seems like that’s more logical based on our timeline.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That’s assuming you don’t replace that 2nd line center.

How did we get Miller? Trading a late 1st and a third.

Why can’t we make another trade for a cost controlled center who’s younger? Seems like that’s more logical based on our timeline.

Agreed. Who do you have in mind?

please don’t say Compher, Haula, Monohan, Domi

Edited by Kenny Powers

17 minutes ago, IRR said:

So, you just wanted to keep repeating things…get good / great players and just keep cycling through them…at some point you need to build on what you have and move forward! 

I mean, that is the cyclical nature of professional sports isn't it?  Is this a team you can see winning a Stanley Cup in the next 5-6 years?  That's what every single sports organization has done, ever.  You build something, you hope it'll succeed, but if it doesn't, you cycle back and try again.

11 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Yup, 100%. No one can tell what a player will achieve in 5 or 6 years. But I definitely don't see Miller transfering into a legit defensive stalwart in the back half of his career. He just hasn't shown me anything to beileve that's how his career will progress. I'd reckon it's more likely he's able to use his offensive flair to stay relevant on the PP if anything.

Do you think he will be here for his entire contract too? If you do, that's a bold prediction.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Best case is we trade Miller for a 1st this draft and get a player to help plus a prospect,like the Horvat trade.  

We do need vets to help the young guys. 

Maybe get one back with two years or sign a couple off season and pull a tml and trade them next tdl.

100%, just not ones who use up as much cap as Miller will.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agreed. Who do you have in mind?

please don’t say Compher, Haula, Monohan, Domi

What? No those are definitely not players you target.

Im not sure who’s available. But if you have the space and the assets you can get into those conversations. I had no idea Dach was available last offseason. Who knows what young center a team would be willing to part with this upcoming one.

Edited by DeNiro

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Managements own strategy has changed though and they’ve admitted it.

It’s pretty obvious that almost every option is on the table and that they’ve already said they may trade players they didn’t plan to.

Isn't that obvious, there are so many moving parts how can they expect all of their plans to come to fruition? I think they know what they want to do they just need to figure out a way to do it.

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Am I dumb? Why reduce yourself to acting like that just because someone questions you.on something. No need to act like a child.

Because the ignorance / stupidity on here the last while is mind blowing!! Some need to get some common sense, logic and learn how to read! And stop stating their ignorance, opinions and assumptions as facts. 

I tried to find a happy medium and say it could go either way, but you’re the one pretty much stating he’ll decline as fact…yet somehow you’re flipping it. 

Maybe some of you need to stop & re-think / re-read what you are saying. 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Do you think he will be here for his entire contract too? If you do, that's a bold prediction.

No, I think he will likely be a negative asset at 8 million for the second half of his career and will need to be moved to create cap space. For the first half of his career, I don't believe this team will be competing for a Stanley Cup. That's exactly why I didn't want to sign him long term.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

Because the ignorance / stupidity on here the last while is mind blowing!! Some need to get some common sense, logic and learn how to read! And stop stating their ignorance, opinions and assumptions as facts. 

I tried to find a happy medium and say it could go either way, but you’re the one pretty much stating he’ll decline as fact…yet somehow you’re flipping it. 

Maybe some of you need to stop & re-think / re-read what you are saying. 

Yup, we can agree there.

• Haha 1