The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If I were Boudreau I'd be cleaning out my office tonight and flying to Hawaii tomorrow for a few weeks.

Get far away from Vancouver and JR's circus show.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If management hadn't drug Bruce through the dirt and Tocchet wasn't who he is maybe I'd do the same, but things are how they are. There are many other guys they could bring in if they wanted systems, they're not even bringing in a guy with a winning track record. He's going to be another placeholder as management tries to figure out what the hell they're doing regarding the roster and the direction going forward. 

Another Green in a sense. 

I'm actually ok with that because I really like Jeremy Colliton in Abby.  If he can continue to develop as a coach and do good things in the AHL, he might be the more long term coach for this team.

• Like 1

Just now, GB5 said:

If I were Boudreau I'd be cleaning out my office tonight and flying to Hawaii tomorrow for a few weeks.

Get far away from Vancouver and JR's circus show.

what a sh!t way to end a pretty damn good career.  This is in Keenan territory

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm actually ok with that because I really like Jeremy Colliton in Abby.  If he can continue to develop as a coach and do good things in the AHL, he might be the more long term coach for this team.

Ya, very happy with Colliton. Just hope the Canucks dont lose him to be a head coach for someone else based on the success he's  showing.

Edited by GB5
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I will say that I'm happy they're just leaving Abbotsford alone, they've got a good thing going on over there. I don't care whether Colliton makes it back to the bigs or not but if he continues what he's done we'll see. 

We could have found so many other guys to be the placeholder though. 

• There it is 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I will say that I'm happy they're just leaving Abbotsford alone, they've got a good thing going on over there. I don't care whether Colliton makes it back to the bigs or not but if he continues what he's done we'll see. 

tocchet is in my top 5 most hated players, I'm not happy about it either

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't even believe this is a real thing.  That said, I will try to keep an open mind and if he can instill some good systems hockey, then I will have to swallow some of my disgust..........not all, but some

I like this! Good on you! I 100% don’t agree at all with firing Bruce / how they’ve treated him, but the change is happening and I think we all need to have an open mind / give it a chance. 

Some want to run Tocchet out of town before he even starts (do negative chants etc during the game)…..now that is the definition of toxic / negative!! 

It’s all very hard, but a positive mind / attitude goes a long way. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IRR said:

I like this! Good on you! I 100% don’t agree at all with firing Bruce / how they’ve treated him, but the change is happening and I think we all need to have an open mind / give it a chance. 

Some want to run Tocchet out of town before he even starts (do negative chants etc during the game)…..now that is the definition of toxic / negative!! 

It’s all very hard, but a positive mind / attitude goes a long way. 

no guarantees........that's how much I hate Rick Tocchet

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I just can't believe how badlythis management group has messed this up an then try to gaslight the fans by blaming it on the past regime.  It all started with the botch job last tdl and has plummeted ever since

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I just can't believe how badlythis management group has messed this up an then try to gaslight the fans by blaming it on the past regime.  It all started with the botch job last tdl and has plummeted ever since

The fans aren't stupid, they need to realize this. This may be an overzealous hockey market but it sure as hell ain't an uninformed market. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Tocchet will be Tortorella 2.0 imo. Bringing in a hard ass who is also a real life dick won’t get more out of this mentally fragile group of players. 

Keenan would be more likely.  Torts is a class act compared to this worthless sack of ****.

So Tocchet is the head coach to be as the rumours swirl...Gonchar may come with him? What about bringing in Oates as the other assistant coach...was a very good hockey player and decent at faceoffs, something we could surely use to teach our C's how to improve in that area

So word is that the Canucks owner is NOT getting in the way of another coaching change...Why did JR and PA even keep Bruce this long if they didn't like him, I guess to use the free get out of jail free card saying "not the coach we brought in, we inherited Bruce." So again, just another fail by the Canucks owner going out and hiring his own coach before getting the upper management in place...not surprised considering what the team has gone through the past 10 years.

Either way, get it over with already. Seems like players are NOT happy with how Bruce is being hung out to dry and that could affect them wanting to re sign here period like Horvat or could affect who might be willing to sign here as a FA as long as this management group is in charge.

It sucks to see Boudreau go through this, what is even worse is there seems to be no accountability on the Canucks owner, president or GM in how it has all been handled. What media person has the balls to call them out on that when Tocchet is introduced to the media next week...

9 minutes ago, Neutral said:

So Tocchet is the head coach to be as the rumours swirl...Gonchar may come with him? What about bringing in Oates as the other assistant coach...was a very good hockey player and decent at faceoffs, something we could surely use to teach our C's how to improve in that area

Coached with Tocchett in Tampa.

Also Bo credited his scoring bump to working with Oates in the summer.

Would be a good move if they’re trying to get Bo to stay still. Or just to get our guys shooting the puck more/better.

• Cheers 2

Maybe it would be too much for Bruce, but it sure would have been nice if he was a guest on after hours...enjoyed his interviews and upbeat demeanor since he came to Vancouver. Unfortunately, I knew this was never going to last, we do NOT have a D core or team cohesiveness to play a well structured team game under Bruce. Seems like bruce will take the high road about his time here, I am sure he is hurt but it won't keep him own imo!

We love Bruce chants at the game tonight I hope followed by Sell the team!?!?

5 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Why did JR and PA even keep Bruce this long

They gave him half the season to make the Canucks respectable and to get into the playoffs. He did not do that, so a coaching change is going to happen. This is about winning hockey games.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1