The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I agree with this completely.

However, I do think CBC just decided it was time to let the old guy go.  

They looked the other way for so long I don’t think it was about crossing the line so much as he was getting a little rambly and incoherent at times. 

Still, they absolutely should have let him go out on his own terms.  They did him dirty and HNIC has been lesser for it since.

Don’t agree with why he got canned but mans time was up for sure. 

He wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the player names today anyway. 

• There it is 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I agree with this completely.

However, I do think CBC just decided it was time to let the old guy go.  

They looked the other way for so long I don’t think it was about crossing the line so much as he was getting a little rambly and incoherent at times. 

Still, they absolutely should have let him go out on his own terms.  They did him dirty and HNIC has been lesser for it since.

He was our crazy grandad/Uncle that said a lot of shit but always supported you (Canadians and Canadian Hockey)

Those guys like him are insane nowadays, but they’re the link to our past. They need some respect. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can never cheer for EDM or CGY over VAN, and I'd be fine if those were the only teams they beat the rest of this season. Win tonight for Bruce, down with those greasy Oilers. Hope Schenn puts McDavid through the boards.

And Nurse through the jumbotron.

I’m gonna do a lot of drunk posting tonight because I can’t stand being sober for this last game of Bruce. 

I can’t stand the fact that this is where we are as fans of this team. 

And because I can’t stand watching the Oilers beat the Canucks. 

Just a heads up. 

• Cheers 2