The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

If I'm taking anything away from this, I like Tocchet a bit more than I thought I would. I'm going to give him a chance...not his fault. The other two clowns beside him...get lost. Quit talking.

The guys coming in aren't necessarily bad.  It is the way it was done, the people in charge of the clown show.  Sergei Gonchar, Foote, and Tocchet could be good for this club, long term, but man, did they come into a freaking gong show.  I feel bad for them, and they're going to have a hell of a job winning the fans back.  I wish them luck, because, well, I'm a fan.  I don't want to see crash and burn, but the real problem is ownership, and the team construction/identity.  All of that is still needing to be addressed.  Let alone player development, drafting, etc.

One could only wonder if we had chosen Linden instead of Benning, where we would be right now.  If Smyl had been given the GM role, would we be seeing this?  Sometimes the right people are right there....

Just now, Solinar said:

The guys coming in aren't necessarily bad.  It is the way it was done, the people in charge of the clown show.  Sergei Gonchar, Foote, and Tocchet could be good for this club, long term, but man, did they come into a freaking gong show.  I feel bad for them, and they're going to have a hell of a job winning the fans back.  I wish them luck, because, well, I'm a fan.  I don't want to see crash and burn, but the real problem is ownership, and the team construction/identity.  All of that is still needing to be addressed.  Let alone player development, drafting, etc.

One could only wonder if we had chosen Linden instead of Benning, where we would be right now.  If Smyl had been given the GM role, would we be seeing this?  Sometimes the right people are right there....

Aren't necessarily bad?

Look at Tocchet head coaching record. 

Given his record, very questionable social media conduct, and a criminal conviction, he would not have gotten any other head coaching job it it wasn't for being JR's buddy. 

Also good players does not equate to good coaches which looks to be the case with the new assistants where they are all great players. 

I can't say fir others but my dislike for Tocchet and this staff have nothing to do with Bruce or how he was treated.