The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

30 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Rest up Mik. 

Playing on 1 knee whether you can or not is not easy and certainly not ideal. That type of character and resilience however definitely won’t go unnoticed. 

He’s had a lot of issues with injuries over the years, I can totally see why he’d be emotional. He has major surgery a couple seasons ago that made him miss majority of the season. It’s no wonder he’s eager to play, he probably feels like he has to prove himself.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I guess it was an injury that could be managed without surgery. Now with the team tanking, there's no point in playing through it

Tank in full effect. Horvat is likely traded after the all-star game. Maybe one of Brock or Garland too?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, jyu said:

Although I have come to terms with trading Horvat, I really think the management botched this decision between Miller and Horvat. 

EP-Horvat is one two punch for the next 5-8 years. They will each give you 30 goals per season.

Add a center next draft to join and make impact in a couple of years and we look good down the middle with succession occurring when Horvat ages out.  

Then we just need to focus on upgrading RD to round out the roster. 

Now we gotta fill C and RD. Not going to be easy. 

C and D? Buddy we need 16 players not just 2. What do you guys see with this group haha!!???

26 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

C and D? Buddy we need 16 players not just 2. What do you guys see with this group haha!!???

I'm not suggesting we need 2 players: we have quite a bit of vacancies in C and RD.

With Horvat gone, we need a 2C as well as already vacant 3C. And, ideally we would need an upgrade on 4C as well.

RD depth is Myers-Bear at the moment assuming Schenn is traded. We need to add at least two top4 RD.

LW and RW depth is decent as it is.

So likely 4-5 new players.

Most people see this team having some good players to win against mid-bottom teams but not enough to beat the top teams. Definitely far from being a playoff team, let alone cup contender, with the number of holes it has on important positions.

I'd say you are in the minority, a very select and special group of people, that see the team needing 16 new players.

6 hours ago, x00x said:

Ilya Mikheyev and they aloowed him to play all this fooking time, wtf is wrong with this, now he gone with season ending surgey, fooking nucks are nuts

Get down off the ledge.

Have you ever consulted a medical professional regarding an ACL

tear? In the War in Ukraine thread you predict imminent WW3 and you’re worried about a guys knee? Are you a troll or just attention seeiing?

Seems to be an awful lot of whingeing about the team and their medical staff regarding Mik’s knee. Francis Ngannou recently won the UFC Heavyweight Championship with an MCL and ACL tear. It’s not the end of his career ffs.

Edited by Salacious Crumb
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’m aware the doctors need to clear him. I’m asking why they did?

Perhaps in their professional opinion a partial ACL tear does not mean the end of physical activity?

Has anyone here had a partial MCL tear and can offer their insight?

Was it a grade 1, 2 or 3 tear?

sorry for so many ?s…I feel a bit Alfy

Edited by Salacious Crumb
acl not mcl
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Steamer is one of the guys to blame for this f**king mess. I remember Steamer sitting next to Aquillini after Jim Benning was fired and Aquillini promising fans "to get this right". Steamer should have used all his influence to prevent Aquillini from hiring a coach (Bruce) which is not Aquillinis responsibility! Steamer should have told Aquillini that first thing is to get a new VP hockey ops on board. Anyway this franchise will be irrelevant for a very long time.

• RoughGame 1
  • elephant 1

45 minutes ago, jyu said:

I'm not suggesting we need 2 players: we have quite a bit of vacancies in C and RD.

With Horvat gone, we need a 2C as well as already vacant 3C. And, ideally we would need an upgrade on 4C as well.

RD depth is Myers-Bear at the moment assuming Schenn is traded. We need to add at least two top4 RD.

LW and RW depth is decent as it is.

So likely 4-5 new players.

Most people see this team having some good players to win against mid-bottom teams but not enough to beat the top teams. Definitely far from being a playoff team, let alone cup contender, with the number of holes it has on important positions.

I'd say you are in the minority, a very select and special group of people, that see the team needing 16 new players.

Haha yeah brother. 1 out of every 100 people say the Canucks should rebuild... :lol: