The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

18 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Hoglander has 9 points in 25 games and -4.
Podkolzin has 10 points in 49 games and -13.

Where are you getting these stats dude? 

On a sidenote, when I went to Abby Canucks stats to fact check your whacky numbers, I noticed that Christian Wolanin was killing it down there… 46 points in 42 games! I thought he was great in the preseason and I was shocked when he didn’t make the cut. He might be a good option on the big club for next year. 

1 minute ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Where are you getting these stats dude? 

On a sidenote, when I went to Abby Canucks stats to fact check your whacky numbers, I noticed that Christian Wolanin was killing it down there… 46 points in 42 games! I thought he was great in the preseason and I was shocked when he didn’t make the cut. He might be a good option on the big club for next year. 

Agree - he did look great.  Would like to see him in the show, but don’t want to take minutes away from Stillman…

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2023 at 12:16 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder what Weekes knows, he said we didn't really shop around the trade, thinks we left value on the table to get the deal done quickly...

Happy with the value coming back (but really wanted a defenceman over a center and winger) but I bet Allvin didn't squeeze this trade as much as he could have, he went the conservative route to just get it done. Not the worst thing in the world either, this rebuild needs to get going, but makes you wonder...

The thing is you don't put the squeeze on Lou, he will just end the negotiation if you play games.

I’m pretty sure Bo wants to screw us over hard and will push to go to the Oilers.  Do they have the cap space for him? That’s the only barrier I can see. We know from the commercial that he’s best buds with McDavid also.  It’d be the ultimate way to say f you to us all.

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What joke? I like Guenther.

He was saying Raty is 9th in points in his draft class.

He has 2 points and only 12 players have even played games. Not exactly a meaningful stat.

Edited by DeNiro

5 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

I’m pretty sure Bo wants to screw us over hard and will push to go to the Oilers.  Do they have the cap space for him? That’s the only barrier I can see. We know from the commercial that he’s best buds with McDavid also.  It’d be the ultimate way to say f you to us all.

Then we win the trade massively by getting a 1st, Raty and Beauvillier from NYI while they have Bo for a couple months and maybe some playoffs (even better if they miss the playoffs and we get their 2024 1st in this case).

Then it cripples the Oilers by having yet another high cost forward tying up their cap to improve their defense. So this would be fine with me.

17 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

Huh?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

Ultimate way to say f you to us all is to re-sign with us at 8 million dollars x 8 years or whatever the last offer from the Canucks management was and then pull an Eriksson on us.

16 minutes ago, jyu said:

Ultimate way to say f you to us all is to re-sign with us at 8 million dollars x 8 years or whatever the last offer from the Canucks management was and then pull an Eriksson on us.

Ugg. Just compare that, what a reminder.  6 x 6 for LE. Brutal.