The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks will be No. 30th at the end of season

Rate this topic

tan

• tan changed the title to Canucks will be No. 30th at the end of season

I know that we looked horrible today, mainly due to Delia...  however Anaheim is much worst.  

For some perspective, these are the goal differentials this year:  

Columbus  -69 

Chicago     -61

Anaheim    -88

Arizona      -45

San Jose   -38

Vancouver  -37

Montreal     -50 

Don't get my hopes up OP, don't get my hopes up... 

I think with Demko coming back he'll really steady the ship alongside a more defensive Tocchet. Sadly I think we'll end up going 0.500 for the rest of the year once Demmer's back. If Demko still struggles and we keep bombing 4-5 GAA every game then I think he'll get traded in the off-season and we'll be a real mess of a team, and only then may we have a shot at a 3-4th overall spot (not pick). No way we're going last 2.

• Cheers 1

I don't see how we can catch the top 3. Those teams are a special breed of ass. We think we suck, but boy do those bottom 3 teams suck with a capital SUCK. The biggest issue is we actually have a real goalie coming soon. Wild card on whether we suck or play better. He wasn't good before the injury though. So there's still hope we keep free falling. Arizona and San Jose are spitting distance. And they both lose in OT more than we do. So there is hope for sitting as the 4th worst team.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I know that we looked horrible today, mainly due to Delia...  however Anaheim is much worst.  

For some perspective, these are the goal differentials this year:  

Columbus  -69 

Chicago     -61

Anaheim    -88

Arizona      -45

San Jose   -38

Vancouver  -37

Montreal     -50 

Don't get my hopes up OP, don't get my hopes up... 

Columbus wasn't trying to tank and they still got up to 69. We are trying to tank now. No Horvat or Mikeyev or Demko.

We are playing a 3rd string AHL guy and now called up a 21 year old prospect who was an AHL backup all last year :lol:

20 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I don't see how we can catch the top 3. Those teams are a special breed of ass. We think we suck, but boy do those bottom 3 teams suck with a capital SUCK. The biggest issue is we actually have a real goalie coming soon. Wild card on whether we suck or play better. He wasn't good before the injury though. So there's still hope we keep free falling. Arizona and San Jose are spitting distance. And they both lose in OT more than we do. So there is hope for sitting as the 4th worst team.

Columbuses goaltending is better than ours. Its pretty hard to be worse than 3rd string AHL