The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Relax, guy.

Nah you have under 600 posts. 
some ppl been around here a lot longer and contributed much to this forum, with @Alflives being one of them. Who the f**k do you think you are? If you don’t like what he’s saying, ignore it. We’re all talking about the TDL and that’s all speculation based as well. Does that make you a hypocrite? Kinda

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Oh boy. Don’t bring political leanings into this. This won’t end well. This is about hockey, not how someone votes. 

I'm just bugging you man. I'm just making clear that my opinion is not superior to yours nor is your opinion superior to mine. I think we should be able to disagree on the direction of the team and have a civil discussion.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think manifesting those rumors into an actual thread is what killed our deadline. 

If we close the thread now, we'll end up trading Miller, Garland, Myers and Boeser for excellent returns within the next few hours. If we leave it open, nothing. Bank on it.

Could be true. I miss the days before Twitter when you had to wait until someone mentioned a trade on tv to even know there were trade talks. I think social media has really ruined the trade deadline because there’s so many “insiders” and so much information always being spread. 

• Cheers 1

I personally appreciate the fact we have a management group that's focused on building a winner and now banking on stacking draft picks that may or may not turn out, and lose Petey Quinn Demko Kuzy etc.... not to mention tarnish our reputation as a losing franchise even more.

Alvin and JR are managing to find ways to add legitimate talent to this organization since they joined despite being capped out and not having many assets (Kuzy, Hronek, Aman, Joshua, Lazar, Kravstov, Wolanin, Beauvellier, Bear) and some potential prospects (Johansson, Raty and D Petey).

I trust their ability to evaluate talent (which Benning and past regimes lacked.. i.e. Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Vey Beartschi, Grandlund, and the list goes on and on). 

We already have our superstars and play drivers... we need a strong supporting cast now. That can 100% be acquired through trades, free agency, and screwed trades (I.e. Bear, Kravtsov)

Plus people act as we still don't have a chance at Bedard. If we win the lotto and get Bedard... everyone is going to be pushing for the team to compete. At that point nobody is going to be crying about this Hronek trade.

Oh boy. Don’t bring political leanings into this. This won’t end well. This is about hockey, not how someone votes. 

B-b-b-b-but everyone knows politics are how we know if someone's smart! They have to vote like me for me to take them seriously smhijklmnop

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

7 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Let’s be real here, rumors are just rumors. Was there actual smoke? I’m sure there was. Obviously we’ve had discussions with Pittsburgh. It’s likely we’ve talked with Florida and many other teams. But this is how the deadline always goes. You hear for days or weeks about a trade brewing and it leads to nothing. Then after not a single rumor about it, a trade breaks where you end up trading for Filip Hronek. We all get so caught up in rumors but literally it’s just rumors until something happens. 

That is the fun of it. Eklund gets so much crap for reporting rumours but discussions are always ongoing and most to nowhere, still fun to have discussions about the rumours. 
‘With a team like ours it is almost more fun than watching them play. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I wouldn't.  It has taken half a century to have a defenceman like Hughes on this team.  Arguably Petey is also the most complete centre this franchise has ever seen as well.  Blowing it up guarantees nothing.

And Demko is pretty damned good too. So we have a great goalie, a high end number one D, and a fabulous One C. And they are all have at least 7 years left of high end play. 

We do have some serious craperolla though, that has to be moved out. We will buy out OEL this summer. Myers is done at the 2024 TDL. Just need to do a full dumperooo of Boeser. and then we should be able to fill in those spots with better and cheaper guys. 

1 minute ago, myre said:

I'm just bugging you man. I'm just making clear that my opinion is not superior to yours nor is your opinion superior to mine. I think we should be able to disagree on the direction of the team and have a civil discussion.

I wasn’t even the one you were talking to haha. I was just trying to cool off your disagreement with the other guy by insinuating that keep the discussion at hockey only is probably for the best. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Nah you have under 600 posts. 
some ppl been around here a lot longer and contributed much to this forum, with @Alflives being one of them. Who the f**k do you think you are? If you don’t like what he’s saying, ignore it. We’re all talking about the TDL and that’s all speculation based as well. Does that make you a hypocrite? Kinda

Buddy, Ive been a member of this board since 2004 and a season ticket holder for the Canucks for a long time.  Quantity does not equal quality.  Who do you think you are? 

Edited by fanofvan

Just now, fanofvan said:

Just like the NYI pick the Canucks would have drafted so they turned it into Hronek who is a scorearooo

I was hoping we could package up some pics and draft first overall. We don't have Ballard, Raymond and a 2nd anymore.:ph34r:

Seriously though, I don't have a knock on him at all. I think he's a very good defender. Plays a good game. However I would have held on to that pic. I think he's just helps us get a 10 to 15th overall pic rather than a top five

I wasn’t even the one you were talking to haha. I was just trying to cool off your disagreement with the other guy by insinuating that keep the discussion at hockey only is probably for the best. 

Oh I just realized that. My bad. It was a joke. I wasn't trying to offend liberals not on this forum anyways lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

That is the fun of it. Eklund gets so much crap for reporting rumours but discussions are always ongoing and most to nowhere, still fun to have discussions about the rumours. 
‘With a team like ours it is almost more fun than watching them play. 

I love the rumors. It makes it fun, it gets us talking. But I think a lot of us are sitting here for like 6 days leading up to the deadline wondering if we should jump on fanatics and pre order that Anton Lundell Canucks jersey :bigblush:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Demko is pretty damned good too. So we have a great goalie, a high end number one D, and a fabulous One C. And they are all have at least 7 years left of high end play. 

We do have some serious craperolla though, that has to be moved out. We will buy out OEL this summer. Myers is done at the 2024 TDL. Just need to do a full dumperooo of Boeser. and then we should be able to fill in those spots with better and cheaper guys. 

Ugh. While that is most likely path it is not a path to more than moderate success. 
Best case scenario puts us in a position where we are paying OEL until 2030 and we are still tight to the cap with significantly depleted draft capital and bidding on the open market for a 2nd and 3rd line centre and still needing at least one top 4 RD. 

I do not believe Myers has value in the summer or at the deadline and would likely cost us what little draft capital we have to get rid of. 
We are going into the off-season over the cap, GMs see that and aren’t lining up to let us out of it for our castoffs for cheap,  we aren’t TB as much as management has been acting like we are.