The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade: Detroit Red Wings trade Tyler Bertuzzi to Boston Bruins

43 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Lundkvist fetched another 1st, Chytil likely could as well. That's a lot of 1sts we could have had in short order. At the very least, we'd have more assets to work with.

Dallas was crazy to give that and I’m sure are regretting it now. It was widely laughed at even by Rangers fans that somebody paid so much for Lundkvist. He’s a bottom pairing small RHD who’s defence is iffy and is supposed to put up offensive stats and is on pace for 25 points. So he doesn’t bring offence or defence.

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Exactly. Thank you! I feel like sometimes I'm taking crazy pills having to wade through CDC to find people who understand the different scenarios that are all in play at the same time, and understand why deals are being made the way they are.

People want picks so we can draft young players... but we literally just picked up Kravstov, Raty and Bloom. All young players that another team used their picks to get. So what is the difference? We are filling up our prospect pool with very young players and we still have a lot of picks.

Look what happened with Edmonton when they relied solely on the draft for 10 years to build a team. It took twice as long, and they are still trying to figure it out.

Exactly, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't on CDC.

For example, people clamoring for picks are upset when we trade Schenn for one. If we give up a 3rd they are upset, but when we get a 3rd in return they are underwhelmed.

Same with getting Hronek, they want Allvin to address the blueline and improve for months now but don't wan to give anything up to do so. It doesn't work that way, you're going to have to sacrifice one area to improve another. I would have rather had that 1st, but when you look at the big picture and what they said they intend to do it makes sense. It was a pretty steep price, but as is the case with most young RHD defenseman. Upgrading our blueline isn't going to be easy, and it's going to cost them whether that be buyouts, picks or prospects. We still don't have a lot of "blue chip/high end" prospects, so picks really is the one of the only ways to upgrade the D right now. Outside of Petey, Hughes, Demko and maybe Miller nobody else is bringing a good young D back in a trade, that's the reality. 

We've been sitting here begging the guys to improve the D, but like clockwork once they actually do just that we find something about it to pick apart and complain about lol

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 2

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

They are rebuilding properly.

We can see the progress they've made, and they have a ton of draft picks to continue building.

Meanwhile the Canucks keep attempting short-sighted solutions that leave us in the same position year after year -- a struggling team with no cap space and no assets.

Hate to break it to ya but we can’t have a full on rebuild and keep Pettersson/Hughes/Demko. It’s either a retool which management has said all along that’s what they’re going to do or you can kiss those three guys goodbye. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

Obviously if you're rebuilding you're going to miss the playoffs.

Obviously, if you're rebuilding "the right way", eventually you should start not missing the playoffs?  Still waiting, that was my point.

Just now, Pears said:

Hate to break it to ya but we can’t have a full on rebuild and keep Pettersson/Hughes/Demko. It’s either a retool which management has said all along that’s what they’re going to do or you can kiss those three guys goodbye. 

You can certainly rebuild while keeping those 3. We've been bad for a number of years now with them on the roster. If we had been rebuilding properly during that span, we'd have similar results except with cap space and a better prospect pool.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

You can certainly rebuild while keeping those 3. We've been bad for a number of years now with them on the roster. If we had been rebuilding properly during that span, we'd have similar results except with cap space and a better prospect pool.

No, you can't. get over it already. Also the team has said they are not rebuilding so again, get over it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

No, if we had acted like a team in a rebuild we would have not added on Miller or OEL and Garland and would have both been worse in the short term and building towards better. 
Now we are bad and building towards mediocre at best. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, you can't. get over it already. Also the team has said they are not rebuilding so again, get over it.

"I’m just gonna cry and moan for the sake of crying and moaning" - 90% of Canucks fans since yesterday. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

"I’m just gonna cry and moan for the sake of crying and moaning" - 90% of Canucks fans since yesterday. 

When the team continuously makes poor decisions that are obviously poor decisions, I will criticize them. Don't like hearing the truth? Get over it.

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

No, if we had acted like a team in a rebuild we would have not added on Miller or OEL and Garland and would have both been worse in the short term and building towards better. 
Now we are bad and building towards mediocre at best. 

Yes that's what we should have done.

The future is bleak with the current path of retooling towards mediocrity.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

When the team continuously makes poor decisions that are obviously poor decisions, I will criticize them. Don't like hearing the truth? Get over it.

They're not doing it my way so it's wrong. Is all I hear when I see this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pears said:

Nothing more ironic like people like you demanding management have some kind of plan then crying about when they’re actually executing said plan. 

The classic "The plan is not my plan" So it's not a plan whining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Nothing more ironic like people like you demanding management have some kind of plan then crying about when they’re actually executing said plan. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The classic "The plan is not my plan" So it's not a plan whining.

Why are you defending a plan that has been completely unsuccessful?