The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Mar. 19, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Winning the cup yes. Not what the Canucks are doing year every year at this point in the season. If you love winning streaks at the end of the season and that gets you through a season. Good on you. That's a very low bar. I think most want the cup.

Which seasons exactly did we have winning streaks over the last 20 games? Name one where we won 14 of 20 with this young core group. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Winning the cup yes. Not what the Canucks are doing year every year at this point in the season. If you love winning streaks at the end of the season and that gets you through a season. Good on you. That's a very low bar. I think most want the cup.

Do you have an off button? For everyone’s sanity, PRESS IT!

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Its ok. Just quit being a canucks fan. This team deserves to never win a cup or a nhl draft lottery. They deserve to either 1) miss the playoffs by 1 point  or 2) Get knocked out in 4 games in the first round every year. Just pick another team to cheer for. I've given up. 

Keep talking....I'm....almost....there....

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's interesting. You don't really think of Hughes when you think of leaders in the Canuck locker room. 

Darkhorse candidate for the captaincy?

Yeah he's brought his game to a new level under Tocchet.

In some ways I hope they leave A's on the 3 leaders as they're all playing possibly their best hockey. Not just points wise.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Nope.  Still not eliminated.  Math too tough for you?

please don’t speak for “most fans”.  You have no clue

Ok. You hold out on that hope bud. I am pretty good at math. I guess you aren't aware of the odds or the fact they have to win out basically.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

They aren't making the playoffs. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I think you are dead wrong. I think most fans love it when the Canucks win. Winning is the whole point, don't you think?

Agreed but the winning has to translate to next year otherwise all the good vibes to end this season don't amount to much. I just hope the new mind set carries over and the team is able to keep things rolling next year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Whatevs. Hard to complain when they win. I just hope it extends to early next season.

This.

They suck for most of the season and I just want to enjoy when they win.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s okay to want one’s team to win. It’s okay to disagree with the team’s direction too. It’s okay to be frustrated because you think the club is building wrong. 
I see us actually (for the first time ever) having a core that can compete for the cup over a 5-8 year period. We’ve never had a franchise goalie, an elite number one C, and a phenom on D at the same time. And they are all young! We have Miller, Hronek, and Kuz too. With a proper retool of the supporting cast this team is going to be very very good. And we are seeing how good they will be right now. 

Well said Alf

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3