The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023-2024 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

17 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I've read the black seats are part of a new "presidential suite" they're adding. They're still probably replacing the seats but it sounds like they're cordoning off another chunk of the arena for suit season ticket holders. 

Interesting! I wish they'd redo the whole arena as the seats get very uncomfortable after awhile, especially during a concert when you can't get up and walk around during intermission. 

Just now, Rypper_37 said:

Interesting! I wish they'd redo the whole arena as the seats get very uncomfortable after awhile, especially during a concert when you can't get up and walk around during intermission. 

I've heard there have been plans to upgrade the seats for awhile. I think they were planning on doing it earlier but the pandemic put a hold on things and they're just now getting back around to it. People have been debating the colour for awhile, I think navy blue would be the best. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I've heard there have been plans to upgrade the seats for awhile. I think they were planning on doing it earlier but the pandemic put a hold on things and they're just now getting back around to it. People have been debating the colour for awhile, I think navy blue would be the best. 

I'm hoping the whole arena is redone. Club Seats are already bigger and have a waitress! Would be nice for all the fans to have some comfortable seating. People have been complaining about the chairs for years, so let's hope something changes. 

13 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

I'm hoping the whole arena is redone. Club Seats are already bigger and have a waitress! Would be nice for all the fans to have some comfortable seating. People have been complaining about the chairs for years, so let's hope something changes. 

The problem is that there isn't a whole lot of room to make renovations. You can add comfier chairs, but there isn't much to be done about things like legroom. Because they had stick the arena between two viaducts when they built it, space is at an absolute premium. The thing that bugs me as someone who usually buys upper bowl tickets when I go, is that if the person ahead of you leans forward even slightly, it really screws up your view. The problem is I don't think there's much that can be done to fix that.

I really hope the new seats all have cup holders though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McBackup said:

The problem is that there isn't a whole lot of room to make renovations. You can add comfier chairs, but there isn't much to be done about things like legroom. Because they had stick the arena between two viaducts when they built it, space is at an absolute premium. The thing that bugs me as someone who usually buys upper bowl tickets when I go, is that if the person ahead of you leans forward even slightly, it really screws up your view. The problem is I don't think there's much that can be done to fix that.

Lower bowl for me (119 against the glass). The problem is I have bars blocking my view (if that makes sense). Frustrating! Yes, really hoping for cupholders as well. People just shove past you and kick your drinks over all the time. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Lower bowl for me (119 against the glass). The problem is I have bars blocking my view (if that makes sense). Frustrating! Yes, really hoping for cupholders as well. People just shove past you and kick your drinks over all the time. 

Worst seats I’ve ever had were about 10 rows behind Demko. The glass ended right at eye level, so the distortion between glass/no glass made it essentially impossible to see what was going on at the other end without ducking your neck into some awful position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Worst seats I’ve ever had were about 10 rows behind Demko. The glass ended right at eye level, so the distortion between glass/no glass made it essentially impossible to see what was going on at the other end without ducking your neck into some awful position.

Could contain: Helmet, Clothing, Glove, Adult, Male, Man, Person, People, Shoe, Field Hockey Stick

13 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

These are the poles here! Just a general photo. I got stuck right behind this in my section haha. 

Yeah that’s honestly why I prefer the Upper Bowl. Unless some dickhead ahead of you won’t stop leaning forward, you have a pretty good view of the entire ice. Plus it’s more affordable, which you need if you plan on buying drastically overpriced beer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Yeah that’s honestly why I prefer the Upper Bowl. Unless some dickhead ahead of you won’t stop leaning forward, you have a pretty good view of the entire ice. Plus it’s more affordable, which you need if you plan on buying drastically overpriced beer. 

Are there rails up there? What if someone has a few beers and takes a tumble? I'm pretty clumsy myself. 

21 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Are there rails up there? What if someone has a few beers and takes a tumble? I'm pretty clumsy myself. 

There are. They are even emblazoned with the words “PLEASE DO NOT LEAN FORWARD”. Unfortunately I don’t know the percentage of our fanbase that can read.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, McBackup said:

There are. They are even emblazoned with the words “PLEASE DO NOT LEAN FORWARD”. Unfortunately I don’t know the percentage of our fanbase that can read.

Probably drunk people leaning forward like that and blocking the view for everyone!

5 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

It’s not like the host look anymore either

In the lower bowl, the hosts come down to the front and slowly walk up about every 5 mins. Lots of people fist fighting and throwing things, sadly. Some drunk guy also threw up in my buddy's section and the whole section reeked!!! 

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

In the lower bowl, the hosts come down to the front and slowly walk up about every 5 mins. Lots of people fist fighting and throwing things, sadly. Some drunk guy also threw up in my buddy's section and the whole section reeked!!! 

The security isn’t even that great at the arena

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

The security isn’t even that great at the arena

Although they will paw around in your purse with a flash light! Idk what they think women are gonna put in there. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rypper_37 said:

Although they will paw around in your purse with a flash light! Idk what they think women are gonna put in there. 

Beer, that wasn't bought at their concession stands.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, McBackup said:

It would be great if they could make all the seats 4-5 inches higher, but still take the same footprint.   Then you would have more leg space.  I am 6'7"  the seats are horrible for tall people.  Seattle is like sitting in a business class airplane.  So much nicer.

• Like 1