The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST / 10PM EST, at Rogers Arena, why? Knock Out the Flames

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hronek out for the rest of this season.

I wish him a full recovery. Shoulders can be tricky to rehab in a short amount of time, so I'm happy that they're shutting him down.  

Let's see what the young guys have! 

Just now, Master Mind said:

Sigh, now everyone will try to run Kuzmenko out of town.

Over my dead body 

Nobody's touching Kuzmenko 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Over my dead body 

Nobody's touching Kuzmenko 

Considering the hate Provorov got, expect backlash.

If there isn't backlash here, that'd be good, but it would also expose people are willing to look the other way depending on who the player in question is.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

No kuzy is wonderful and Russia is a crazy place. James is a turd. Pretty simple 

???

Sorry.  I wasn’t really involved in that 67 pages thread on Reimer.  Care to elaborate and define how Kuz is good and Reimer is a turd?

Genuinely curious.  No need to reply if you don’t want to.  Don’t want to distract (too much) from the GDT.

Just now, BPA said:

???

Sorry.  I wasn’t really involved in that 67 pages thread on Reimer.  Care to elaborate and define how Kuz is good and Reimer is a turd?

Genuinely curious.  No need to reply if you don’t want to.  Don’t want to distract (too much) from the GDT.

With Kuzmenko being a Russian there are legitimate safety reasons for him and his family regardless of their beliefs. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

8 games left. Lets roll with some kids get some prospects in Abby some looks that haven't already.

See what we got going into next year.

They've already used up their 4 regular recalls post-TDL.  Players can now only be brought up on emergency basis if they can't ice a full roster.

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Team Tank just shot off in their collective shorts and probably a wise move in the overall picture. 

Yeah sorry, gotta go change :ph34r:

I sorta want Calgary to make the playoffs so when they fall it hurts so much more, but nothing would be more soul nourishing than for them to look back and mark this loss from Vancouver as being the soul crushing knockout punch to them missing the playoffs and enjoying the years to come of being an old washed out slow hot mess of a team

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Considering the hate Provorov got, expect backlash.

If there isn't backlash here, that'd be good, but it would also expose people are willing to look the other way depending on who the player in question is.

People are willing to do many things, and Kuzmenko wasn't willing to risk his family's safety back home by doing something that's currently against the law. 

Provorov cited religion, Kuzmenko cited family. In any case, people should focus on the rest of the pride night that's going on tonight. Lots of events going on.  

If you invite 40 people to the party and one doesn't show up, you're not gonna cancel the party, sit around and mope around about the one person that's not there. 

Back to the game... Team Tank is going strong today! 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So none of the Russians are wearing the Pride jersey tonight. Podkolzin and Kravtsov are scratched and Kuzmenko is the only one left hung to dry. 

When I said it’s a real possibility that this would happen nobody believed me. 

According to Brian Burke, he is siding with the Russian players on this one. So anyone who is against Kuzmenko for not wearing the jersey is also against Brian Burke. 

Could care less about Burke

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I expect no comment from Kuz. We understand the sensitivity about Russia but Kuz strikes me as the type who will let the night's focus be on pride and not him unlike some others. 

I agree. He won’t say a word. He’s all class. That won’t stop other people however from commenting. I expect lots of pushback on this.