The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST / 10PM EST, at Rogers Arena, why? Knock Out the Flames

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

13 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

To an extent? Yeah I don't agree with that. It's fine to concider the complexity of a situation, but a person should be judged on their words and actions. In Provs case he's being judged on the information provided and his own words, which was relegion. I think it would be unreasonable to start over analyzing something based on hypotheticals, but you do you.

Kuzmenkos situation should be reviewed independently, and so far the reason given was family concerns. If he does start pushing the spotlight onto himself tonight, or changes his tune to relegion I may change my opinion as well. But for now, while I think it's a shame, I understand Kuzmenkos concern about protecting his family. It's evident that the leadership in Russia is capable of horrific war crimes, so who knows what danger a player could be in if they acted or spoke out of line.

I have made my opinion on this clear, if you are opting out due to religious reasons I think that's unacceptable. I recognize that the situation becomes far more complicated when Russia is involved.

If you were judging purely on words, you would also have to consider when these players say they love/support everyone. Yet the assumption is still that these players are hateful.

So clearly there is always some overanalyzing happening ;)

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

So McDonough's second game eh?

I'd love to see him on a line with Garly and see some one timers. 

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If you were judging purely on words, you would also have to consider when these players say they love/support everyone. Yet the assumption is still that these players are hateful.

So clearly there is always some overanalyzing happening ;)

You and I have spoke enough in the other thread that you should know my take on this. I have been very clear and repeatedly said I don't believe that hate drives the religious disagreement towards the LGTBQ community, it's pity.

If you choose to ignore that for a gotcha because you need a win, fill your boots.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

But it is a negative. The whole team doing it, Quinn speaking publically about its importance, the awesome jerseys, those are all fantastic and should be recognized. But addressing a situation like this isn't searching for a negative, it's just not burying your head in the sand. 

Who's burying their head in the sand? Is the organization/entire team other than Kuzmenko doing it? Yes. So they are acknowledging it and celebrating it but everyone wants to focus on one player. Ya that sure is burying their head in the sand.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

17 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

methodist church. If your interest Daniel Wagner has spoke out about Reimer and it's interesting. He was raised methodist but has changed his ways when it realized how stupid feeling pity towards others is, and now fully supports the LGTBQ community and pride events.

mennonite not methodist 

26 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

At $500 a pop for those jerseys perhaps the should say:

YOU CAN PLAY

IF YOU CAN PAY

Hockey may not be extremely welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community, but it's even less welcoming to the poor.

Our game is one of the more elitist Sports around tbh.... right up there with skiing and golf. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, nergish said:

Hockey may not be extremely welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community, but it's even less welcoming to the poor.

Our game is one of the more elitist Sports around tbh.... right up there with skiing and golf. 

Can’t disagree much with this. 

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Great chance for him to have A statement game and possibly make the team think twice about Kravy

I don't really see the correlation? 

McDonough is a younger player who'll be a longer term project than Kravstov. He's almost certainly going to be in Abby.

I don't get the Kravstov slander. He needs to work on his conditioning clearly but has shown the tools to be a player. He just got here, they should keep working with him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why don't they just healthy scratch all of the players that don't want to wear the warmup jersey? It's not like they need Kuzmenko because it's a must win. 

Maybe not want to set a precedent if Canucks are in the playoff hunt next year where the games would matter.