The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday April 6 2023 - Vancouver Canucks v Chicago Blackhawks- 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, saucypass said:

Worst part is that I think most people had the foresight to know. Jake is such a bust it’s not even funny. The Benning era will go down in Canucks history as one of the worst. Hired for drafting but then traded all our picks and late round gems. (McCann, forsling, mishandled tryamkin, etc..)

I think he just got caught up trying to make himself look like a God in Vancouver by taking huge risks and thinking he was so smart they would work out. Weisbrod and him were the worst combo when it came to building a winner. Aquillini approved them. I think it goes to show how clueless he can be at times.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree. Good for McCann for becoming the player is now, but he was this sniveling punk right out of the gate.

I get jealous over defencemen we missed out on. Forsling and letting Tanev go for example. McCann is just another forward. Don’t really care 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I came close ti being hit by a car the other day.

The women no turn signal and slows down telling me to wear brighter clothes which my jacket reflects light.She was d unk as a skunk lol. 

Imagine that I just laughed.

Glad you were okay. Thanks for sharing your story. Not taking it personally and feeling so bad anymore. Let's go Canucks!!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well that was 10 years ago

Benning had 2 1st round picks in the same draft & despite all of the lacklustre signals that appeared  afterwards, he just wouldn’t let that earlier pick go.

Separating JV from a worshipping possee earlier, was probably the only hope of growing-up that Virtanen had. 

Edited by viking mama