The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Look up the stats of the last year they won the cup then come talk to me 

The Kings didn't finish high, but their position in the standings was misleading.

Quick then is much better than Korpisallo...  Quick was the best goalie in the NHL the first year they won.

Kopitar was a monster... Dowdy was the best D-man in the league.

They had multiple 20 goal scorers, including Brown and Pearson.

Kings will go nowhere in the playoffs this year.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I will never  get the notion that hockey is not meant to be entertaining. It is an entertainment business. I have watched every single season of this mess and we have had some entertaining teams but this is painful to watch. The only thing missing is Willie D behind the bench. They aren’t fun to watch and they are not entertaining and most of all they are not winning. I don’t give three anything’s like you said what you think. Hockey is supposed to be fun to watch and this is t fun it’s slow. It’s boring. It’s painful and a style that isn’t entertaining. I sure miss the style of Crawford and Vigneault. 

It’s “supposed to be fun to watch”?

Never in my life have I ever said that with regards to my preferred sports teams. Again, I just want them to win, regardless how they do it. You don’t recall the trap-era Devils? 
It may not be “entertaining” for fans, but that’s not the players problem to worry about. Nor should it be. 

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The Kings didn't finish high, but their position in the standings was misleading.

Quick then is much better than Korpisallo...  Quick was the best goalie in the NHL the first year they won.

Kopitar was a monster... Dowdy was the best D-man in the league.

They had multiple 20 goal scorers, including Brown and Pearson.

Kings will go nowhere in the playoffs this year.

How do you know that? Korpisalo was lights out for Columbus in the playoffs and he actually has a team in front of him now. 

Im not advocating that LA will win the cup but they are similar teams and could surprise again 

Edited by Devron

19 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh you don't know me :lol:. People have said I'm quirky, positive, and nice, and reserved. 

You are most certainly quirky, positive and nice, Bri. 

The GDT isn’t the same without. 

Keep on shining you crazy diamond!

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Thanks 1