The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Logan Stanley

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you need to flip the picks.  Winnipeg might actually go for it as PLD isn't going to hang around and Montreal really doesn't have a better offer.  If we can get PLD to sign an 8x8 contract to replace Miller as our 2C I think we've hit the jackpot...

When does JTs contract kick in.  He has a NMC, so I don't see him willingly going to Winnipeg. That would

look bad on the Canucks organization (signing him to a long term contract and then trading him to a

non-contender in a hopeless location.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

When does JTs contract kick in.  He has a NMC, so I don't see him willingly going to Winnipeg. That would

look bad on the Canucks organization (signing him to a long term contract and then trading him to a

non-contender in a hopeless location.

July 1. 

Watching him from time to time, he's just not that good, probably drafted way too high because of his size. He'd be a real project who may pan out on a different team, may not. At the worst, he's a pretty good big, strong bottom pairing defenceman but I doubt he'll ever reach the potential he was promised. Problem then is that we've got too many bottom pairing defencemen, we end up shoving one of them in our top-4 and the general quality of the team really gets dragged down. 

For example, having Bear as Hughes' partner, that's essentially a 7th defenceman/guy who couldn't crack Edmonton and Carolina's roster, and is now playing on our top pairing, arguably our 3rd or 4th best defenceman. 

We need to stop fishing for projects who are other team's run-off and acquire proper top-4 defencemen. Hronek was a good move, but he's one guy. 

When you compare these guys to even the final 4 playoff teams, not many of them crack that lineup.

17 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I think the Montreal connection is overplayed.  His agent said he’d love to play there but he’s subsequently said he’s open to playing in other markets.  

It is not. Since the day he was drafted it's been in the works. There were very strong rumours had we gotten to pick PLD, we'd have shipped him off for Subban. He's stated his desire to play for MTL more than once. There's a reason he signed a contract as an RFA that takes him to UFA asap. There's a lot of smoke.