The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets to name Mike Babcock as head coach

Rate this topic

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2023 at 12:07 PM, Timråfan said:

Doesn’t work in Sweden.

That is old school to motivate players like the coach is some Gordon Ramsey leader.

There is a reason they disappear when a society develops into a modern community.

Babs acted in a completely different way than an ordinary dickhead.

The Haka New Zealand rugbyplayers do is much, much better to motivate payers and get them in game mode.

An old school coach like Babs can motivate players from that old school culture… Canada maybe. B)

I think the thing that most drives me nuts is when people talk about Babcock as an old school coach. Petty lying, psychological manipulation, and abusing the trust of teenagers has never, in the history of time, been an 'old school' philosophy. 

Old school means being harsh, tough, and honest. Old school means letting people know where you stand and giving things to people straight. 

Babcock's tactics have never been part of the old school tradition. He literally went and got a degree in psychology to make him better at manipulating other people. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can't even make it to training camp without yet another controversy. Dude is a literal cancer and a hack. 

After the information from actual sources was provided, it sounds like he just wanted to get to know his players.  Blown out of proportion by a parasite more interested in generating traffic than in journalism.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

After the information from actual sources was provided, it sounds like he just wanted to get to know his players.  Blown out of proportion by a parasite more interested in generating traffic than in journalism.

Further comments show there still might be more to the story and Biz is far from a parasite. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, Down by the River said:

I think the thing that most drives me nuts is when people talk about Babcock as an old school coach. Petty lying, psychological manipulation, and abusing the trust of teenagers has never, in the history of time, been an 'old school' philosophy. 

Old school means being harsh, tough, and honest. Old school means letting people know where you stand and giving things to people straight. 

Babcock's tactics have never been part of the old school tradition. He literally went and got a degree in psychology to make him better at manipulating other people. 

But the tough side is what the sociopaths use and they can fluorish in old school systems because no one dare to call them out.

But in a modern society players wonder what the heck he is doing and call him out.