The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets to name Mike Babcock as head coach

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Columbus looks poised for a big comeback. Lots of good players, great prospect pool, and grabbing Leo at 3 will be huge. They are going to push for playoffs in my opinion. Just need to stay healthy. 

I think they'll have a season similar to what Buffalo did last season.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:20 PM, canuck73_3 said:

He's a bully and disgrace of a coach, total locker room cancer. 

To be fair, I’m willing to bet all coaches at a pro level are total dickheads to their players. That’s just how they motivate them.

Babs just went a little overboard.

21 minutes ago, shiznak said:

To be fair, I’m willing to bet all coaches at a pro level are total dickheads to their players. That’s just how they motivate them.

I was heffying

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, canuck73_3 said:

His a disgrace to the franchise, complete waste of oxygen. Franzen and Chelios both reported this total cancer before Marner issuse and Chelios roasted this thug criminal spittin chiclets

Dont forget Modano either who sits on 1499 GP. Health bombed by that sack of sh*t the remaining stretch of games and never got to join the 1500 GP club

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

Doesn’t work in Sweden.

That is old school to motivate players like the coach is some Gordon Ramsey leader.

There is a reason they disappear when a society develops into a modern community.

Babs acted in a completely different way than an ordinary dickhead.

The Haka New Zealand rugbyplayers do is much, much better to motivate payers and get them in game mode.

An old school coach like Babs can motivate players from that old school culture… Canada maybe. B)

46 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Doesn’t work in Sweden.

That is old school to motivate players like the coach is some Gordon Ramsey leader.

There is a reason they disappear when a society develops into a modern community.

Babs acted in a completely different way than an ordinary dickhead.

The Haka New Zealand rugbyplayers do is much, much better to motivate payers and get them in game mode.

An old school coach like Babs can motivate players from that old school culture… Canada maybe. B)

Good thing he's not coaching in Sweden then. 

8 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Columbus looks poised for a big comeback. Lots of good players, great prospect pool, and grabbing Leo at 3 will be huge. They are going to push for playoffs in my opinion. Just need to stay healthy. 

Columbus was born cursed and is a have-not franchise. They will crash and burn again. And then lose out to the Boston Bruins on Celebrini or something. 

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

He would have been fired as soon as he started or, as psychopaths do, changed the behaviour people see.

Mike Keenan is I believe the only head coach to win a Stanley Cup and the Gagarin Cup as a head coach.  Still was an a-hole (Mike).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

How does BabCOCK get a job before Guy Boucher does ? At least go with a more modernized hardass instead of an ancient one. 

Boucher was hired by Yzerman. And he went to a final with him. Everyone thinks Yzerman is the goat GM and yet they don't consider Boucher. Wtf

Like real life, it's not 'what you know' but 'who you know'.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

How does BabCOCK get a job before Guy Boucher does ? At least go with a more modernized hardass instead of an ancient one. 

Boucher was hired by Yzerman. And he went to a final with him. Everyone thinks Yzerman is the goat GM and yet they don't consider Boucher. Wtf

Babcock was also hired by Yzerman for Team Canada.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, Bob.Loblaw said:

Adam Fantilli you better be writing that list down right NOW

As amusing as it would be if it leaks that he asked a player to do that again, I am curious to see if Babcock has learned in his time back in the college ranks.

• Cheers 1