The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets to name Mike Babcock as head coach

Rate this topic

Does Columbus hiring Babcock mean they are going all in to try and build a winner around Johnny? This could easily be another Miller thread. 
Miller + Demko for 3 OA + +.

Put down the shine Allvin? There’s a deal to be done! :frantic:

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Of course you would think having a known bully coach your team is a good thing.  The dude's been an asshole everywhere he's gone.  Read what he did to Franzen.  To Commodore.  To Marner.  To Spezza.  To Modano.

From Chris Chelios:  

From Franzen:

Weird how he posts like he posts but says a guy with a tarnished rep is a good hire:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Some Demko rumours do seem to be starting to rumble. Wouldn’t read much into it though. 

And where do you see these said rumours?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

57 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno, Babcock is deservedly maligned but he also didn't cover up sexual assault 

Hopefully Q is kept out 

Agreed.

Babcock did inappropriate things while Quenville did something illegal and then ran away from it knowing he'd try to re-enter the league when most people forgot about his role in it.  

I don't really care if Babcock works again but if Quenville is cleared by the NHL then to me they are condoning what the Blackhawks allowed and essentially clearing Q of his involvement. 

I've said it before,  Quenville/Bowman should be allowed to work in the NHL again when Beach plays in the NHL again. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Columbus hiring Babcock mean they are going all in to try and build a winner around Johnny? This could easily be another Miller thread. 
Miller + Demko for 3 OA + +.

Put down the shine Allvin? There’s a deal to be done! :frantic:

bugs bunny loop GIF

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Agreed.

Babcock did inappropriate things while Quenville did something illegal and then ran away from it knowing he'd try to re-enter the league when most people forgot about his role in it.  

I don't really care if Babcock works again but if Quenville is cleared by the NHL then to me they are condoning what the Blackhawks allowed and essentially clearing Q of his involvement. 

I've said it before,  Quenville/Bowman should be allowed to work in the NHL again when Beach plays in the NHL again. 

Q and Bowman absolutely shouldn't work in the NHL again. I'm all for people getting second chances but some things don't deserve forgiveness and some things will lose you a second chance, covering up sexual assault is one of those things. 

I've read about some of what Babcock's done in the past, dude has been an absolute asshole and has seemingly abused players like Franzen in the past, but I'd still put that on a different level. Unfortunately Babcock likely isn't alone in that, he's just someone we know about because news and word have gotten out. I'd have been fine with Babcock never working in the NHL again too, I understand why folks would argue that, I'm not looking to minimize his past behaviour. But for me what Q and Bowman did was some next level shit. 

The fact the Hawks weren't punished properly is a travesty, they should have never had a 1st this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Good hire.  They need someone who is willing to hold Gaudreau and Laine accountable and bench them if they keep refusing to backcheck.

Something tells me Laine is not going to take well to that.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Something tells me Laine is not going to take well to that.

Then he'll be traded.  Gaudreau had a career year under Sutter, at least offensively.  Some players just need external motivation to put in an acceptable effort.

• Vintage 1