TRADE #1

To BOS

Nils Hoglander

Arturs Silovs - selling high here

To VAN

Jake Debrusk

Fabian Lysell

Jeremy Swayman

Boston is seriously cap crunched.  We take $4M off their books and get a very capable top 6 forward with 1 year left on his deal, a top tier prospect in Lysell (basically a Hoglander replacement), Swayman who is a very coveted goaltender around the league right now.

Hoglander and Silovs basically replace Debrusk and Swayman on their roster.

TRADE #2

To LAK

Thatcher Demko

To VAN

Sean Durzi or Matt Roy (I prefer Durzi, LAK would prefer to unload Matt Roy)

Gabe Vilardi

The LAK are desperate for a true top tier goalie.  Demko is borderline elite.

Canucks acquire a top pair RHD and Vilardi would be fantastic as 3C. 

SUMMARY

OUT:  Demko, Hoglander, Silovs

IN:  Durzi, Vilardi, Lysell, Swayman, Debrusk

2023-24 Roster

Beauvillier-Petey-Kuzmenko

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Vilardi-Debrusk

Joshua-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Durzi

???-Hronek

???-???

Swayman

???

We'd have around $6M remaining to fill in those gaps on defence and a backup goalie.  Assumed Swayman signs a $4M AAV deal, Vilardi a $4.5M AAV deal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I just can't take someone seriously when they think Fabian Lysell = Nils Höglander 

Your trades are always insanely lopsided.  Are you trying to get Sweeney fired or something?

You realize Boston NEEDS to dump cap right?  If they can acquire 2 top tier prospects in Hoglander and Silovs (both that are likely ready for NHL minutes) while dumping cap, I wouldn't call it lopsided at all.

59 minutes ago, HKSR said:

TRADE #1

To BOS

Nils Hoglander

Arturs Silovs - selling high here

To VAN

Jake Debrusk

Fabian Lysell

Jeremy Swayman

Boston is seriously cap crunched.  We take $4M off their books and get a very capable top 6 forward with 1 year left on his deal, a top tier prospect in Lysell (basically a Hoglander replacement), Swayman who is a very coveted goaltender around the league right now.

Hoglander and Silovs basically replace Debrusk and Swayman on their roster.

TRADE #2

To LAK

Thatcher Demko

To VAN

Sean Durzi or Matt Roy (I prefer Durzi, LAK would prefer to unload Matt Roy)

Gabe Vilardi

The LAK are desperate for a true top tier goalie.  Demko is borderline elite.

Canucks acquire a top pair RHD and Vilardi would be fantastic as 3C. 

SUMMARY

OUT:  Demko, Hoglander, Silovs

IN:  Durzi, Vilardi, Lysell, Swayman, Debrusk

2023-24 Roster

Beauvillier-Petey-Kuzmenko

Mikheyev-Miller-Boeser

Garland-Vilardi-Debrusk

Joshua-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Durzi

???-Hronek

???-???

Swayman

???

We'd have around $6M remaining to fill in those gaps on defence and a backup goalie.  Assumed Swayman signs a $4M AAV deal, Vilardi a $4.5M AAV deal.

I don't see how realistic that is, Boston will laugh their butt off and probably block Allvin. Also I don't what to trade Demko and rely on Swayman. Demko is way better and Swayman is just another goalie behind that great Boston defense. 

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I don't see how realistic that is, Boston will laugh their butt off and probably block Allvin. Also I don't what to trade Demko and rely on Swayman. Demko is way better and Swayman is just another goalie behind that great Boston defense. 

Boston does need to clear cap though.  Possibly significant amounts of cap.  So they really wouldn't want anything back except prospects and picks.  Debrusk and Swayman are the obvious cap dump targets IMO.

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

For me, any deal with Boston to help them out with cap starts at Carlo.

I'd like that, but I don't think BOS is gonna give up a cost controlled, young RHD like Carlo. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

You realize Boston NEEDS to dump cap right?  If they can acquire 2 top tier prospects in Hoglander and Silovs (both that are likely ready for NHL minutes) while dumping cap, I wouldn't call it lopsided at all.

This guy here still thinks Hoglander is a top tier prospect.  Get real.  Lysell is an actual top tier prospect.  Hoglander?  Probably worth a third round pick.  Give your head a shake, man.

DeBrusk isn't a cap dump.  He's on one of the (if not THE) most valuable contracts in the league.  This trade is just pure insanity.

I mean, why not trade Taylor Hall?  Why would they dump DeBrusk and keep Hall?  Like why?

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd like that, but I don't think BOS is gonna give up a cost controlled, young RHD like Carlo. 

I don't think so either, but they also don't have much in the way of leverage. If they want to dump a player like Reilly, who is truly a dead weight contract, and they don't have much in the way of picks to pay to dump cap, they may have to make a tough decision. If they won't, then we look to Calgary for either Andersson or Zadorov. They're even more cap f***ed.

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This guy here still thinks Hoglander is a top tier prospect.  Get real.  Lysell is an actual top tier prospect.  Hoglander?  Probably worth a third round pick.  Give your head a shake, man.

DeBrusk isn't a cap dump.  He's on one of the (if not THE) most valuable contracts in the league.  This trade is just pure insanity.

I mean, why not trade Taylor Hall?  Why would they dump DeBrusk and keep Hall?  Like why?

I think you're on crack lmao

Hoglander is 22 years old.  You act like he's 26 years old or something.  He just came off arguably his best development year so far.  PPG and top tier leader for the Abby playoff run.  Get real.  Typical CDCer, undervalues the Canucks and overvalues every other team's players (see below).

Debrusk is "one of the (if not THE) most valuable contracts in the league"?  WTF?  Talk about overvaluing other team's players.  I'd like what you're smoking. 

They dump Debrusk because he's moveable and entering the final year of his contract before UFA status.  Nobody will take Hall.  That's why.  Just cuz the Bruins would like to move Hall doesn't mean they can.  Again, the Bruins NEED to move cap.  Nobody is gonna do them any favours, so it'll be a valuable player they don't want to move that will NEED to be moved. 

FYI, Debrusk also is one of the few big contracts that also doesn't have a NMC/NTC attached.  Do your homework and research.  It's not that difficult.

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think you're on crack lmao

Hoglander is 22 years old.  You act like he's 26 years old or something.  He just came off arguably his best development year so far.  PPG and top tier leader for the Abby playoff run.  Get real.  Typical CDCer, undervalues the Canucks and overvalues every other team's players (see below).

Debrusk is "one of the (if not THE) most valuable contracts in the league"?  WTF?  Talk about overvaluing other team's players.  I'd like what you're smoking. 

They dump Debrusk because he's moveable and entering the final year of his contract before UFA status.  Nobody will take Hall.  That's why.  Just cuz the Bruins would like to move Hall doesn't mean they can.  Again, the Bruins NEED to move cap.  Nobody is gonna do them any favours, so it'll be a valuable player they don't want to move that will NEED to be moved. 

FYI, Debrusk also is one of the few big contracts that also doesn't have a NMC/NTC attached.  Do your homework and research.  It's not that difficult.

Let me get this straight.  You want to trade a goalie prospect and a forward prospect for a younger forward prospect, a proven goalie and a proven top-six forward?  You do realize our two assets are the two weakest pieces in this trade?  Lysell is three years younger than Hoglander and put up similar numbers.  Why on earth would they get rid of their best prospect?  Do they see Hogs as a future Marchand or something?

Could contain: Text, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text

Do these look like cap dump players to you??

• There it is 1

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

Let me get this straight.  You want to trade a goalie prospect and a forward prospect for a younger forward prospect, a proven goalie and a proven top-six forward?  You do realize our two assets are the two weakest pieces in this trade?  Lysell is three years younger than Hoglander and put up similar numbers.  Why on earth would they get rid of their best prospect?  Do they see Hogs as a future Marchand or something?

Could contain: Text, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text

Doesn't matter what it looks like in terms of the quality of players they are.  The NHL lives in a cap world.  We see top tier players moved all the time because of cap crunch situations (ie. Max Pacioretty).  The Bruins NEED to find cap space.  They have less than $5M in cap space at the moment and only have 7 forwards signed and 1 goalie. 

Swayman is gonna garner around $4M AAV.

So now they have $1M to sign 6 or more forwards.  They NEED to dump cap. 

Are they gonna roll with $9M between their 2 goaltenders?  Ullmark at $5M and Swayman at $4M?  Highly unlikely when they can't even fill out their roster.  One of them is gonna go.  Swayman is likely the one, and everybody knows it.  Leverage lost.  Swayman will be pennies on the dollar.

Literally ALL of the forwards that have bigger cap hits on the Bruins carry NMCs or NTCs.  The ONLY forward without one is Debrusk.  He's also the ONLY major contract up front that is on the final year of his deal.  It's pretty obvious what they're gonna need to do with him.

Then we look around the league and see how nearly every team is cap crunched.  Canucks had to buyout OEL and take that major dead cap hit to find space.  It gives you an idea of what teams are working with. 

Then we know UFA season is just around the corner.  Most teams will shop there before looking at trades.  Why would teams pay an arm and a leg for picking up Bruins cap dump players while giving up picks and prospects to do so?  The Bruins can't even do a hockey trade here.  They NEED to dump cap.  Swayman and Debrusk are the obvious candidates.

55 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I was gonna say I think Lysell trade value is > than Hoglander and Swayman >>> Silovs without a doubt.

I'd rather not trade away both of our goalies who Ian has already moulded into future stars - they could easily be Vezina nominees soon. One, I get, but no need for both. If we're wanting to contend sooner rather than later then there's no point trading Demko, but Demko to Boston would be interesting and could net us a lot, but they're the last team that need a goalie. They really need a top center.

If they want to be really desperate:

JT Miller + Hoglander for Carlo + Coyle + Hall

Miller is surely still good for 70-90 points next year, especially playing with Marchand. Worth every penny of 8M for now.

Coyle and Hall are way over-paid and getting older. I would have said Zacha but he out-produced Coyle and is much younger. Hall had like 36 points last year on a 6M deal. These are pretty bad contracts for Vancouver to take back but it's the price you pay to get Carlo.

I wouldn't do it but that's what it would take for Boston to move Carlo.

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

Doesn't matter what it looks like in terms of the quality of players they are.  The NHL lives in a cap world.  We see top tier players moved all the time because of cap crunch situations (ie. Max Pacioretty).  The Bruins NEED to find cap space.  They have less than $5M in cap space at the moment and only have 7 forwards signed and 1 goalie. 

Swayman is gonna garner around $4M AAV.

So now they have $1M to sign 6 or more forwards.  They NEED to dump cap. 

Are they gonna roll with $9M between their 2 goaltenders?  Ullmark at $5M and Swayman at $4M?  Highly unlikely when they can't even fill out their roster.  One of them is gonna go.  Swayman is likely the one, and everybody knows it.  Leverage lost.  Swayman will be pennies on the dollar.

Literally ALL of the forwards that have bigger cap hits on the Bruins carry NMCs or NTCs.  The ONLY forward without one is Debrusk.  He's also the ONLY major contract up front that is on the final year of his deal.  It's pretty obvious what they're gonna need to do with him.

Then we look around the league and see how nearly every team is cap crunched.  Canucks had to buyout OEL and take that major dead cap hit to find space.  It gives you an idea of what teams are working with. 

Then we know UFA season is just around the corner.  Most teams will shop there before looking at trades.  Why would teams pay an arm and a leg for picking up Bruins cap dump players while giving up picks and prospects to do so?  The Bruins can't even do a hockey trade here.  They NEED to dump cap.  Swayman and Debrusk are the obvious candidates.

Because of the way Boston ran the table during the regular season, there are a bunch of players performing well beyond their salary expectations.  Bergeron is #1.  Marchand, Lindholm, Krejci, and of course DeBrusk.  

You know how before the buyout we were considering trading Garland away plus assets to make it a cap dump?  That's because he's overpaid for what he's brought so far.  That is not the case for the players you mentioned.  They're all great bargains and you are completely fleecing them.  If Boston really wanted to trade away DeBrusk, teams would be salivating at the chance to take him:

e983f4551bca2606f9514af32725f88258331881.png

Doesn't matter how bad the cap is - a player of that quality will always be sold at a premium.  Just because a team is cap-strapped doesn't suddenly turn all their players' value to garbage.  That's what you're trying to do here.  DeBrusk is their most valuable trade asset and this pitiful offer isn't going to make it past the secretary.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw

30 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Because of the way Boston ran the table during the regular season, there are a bunch of players performing well beyond their salary expectations.  Bergeron is #1.  Marchand, Lindholm, Krejci, and of course DeBrusk.  

You know how before the buyout we were considering trading Garland away plus assets to make it a cap dump?  That's because he's overpaid for what he's brought so far.  That is not the case for the players you mentioned.  They're all great bargains and you are completely fleecing them.  If Boston really wanted to trade away DeBrusk, teams would be salivating at the chance to take him:

e983f4551bca2606f9514af32725f88258331881.png

Doesn't matter how bad the cap is - a player of that quality will always be sold at a premium.  Just because a team is cap-strapped doesn't suddenly turn all their players' value to garbage.  That's what you're trying to do here.  DeBrusk is their most valuable trade asset and this pitiful offer isn't going to make it past the secretary.

Completely your opinion only.  I'd put down good money that Boston can't move any of their high priced forwards other than Debrusk.  They could possibly move a few of their defencemen, but it really doesn't help them that much.  FYI, valuable players are dumped all the time because of cap issues.  See Bjorkstrand and Pacioretty as 2 recent examples. 

Guess we'll wait and see who's right here.  

OP's logic of coming up with trade proposals is seeing which teams need to make moves in order to move cap then offering them pennies on the dollar based on the idea that we are bargaining from a position of strength. Wait... do the Rangers need to move cap? Well lets offer them Rathbone, Garland and Silovs for Schneider and Goodrow, this stuff might actually work in a video game but it never works in real life. 

The problem is that Boston has 20 other teams that they can negotiate with instead of taking lesser assets. Talent is way more valuable than cap space, if it wasn't we would see a team like Chicago clean up in the trade market but that doesn't happen. The Hawks with all that cap space will still have to trade assets in order to acquire decent players. It would be one thing if the OP actually took the feedback well and decided to use it to create better proposals but that doesn't happen, he goes into denial mode and starts calling out posters that took the time to post legitimate feedback like mll in random threads. 

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Toews said:

OP's logic of coming up with trade proposals is seeing which teams need to make moves in order to move cap then offering them pennies on the dollar based on the idea that we are bargaining from a position of strength. Wait... do the Rangers need to move cap? Well lets offer them Rathbone, Garland and Silovs for Schneider and Goodrow, this stuff might actually work in a video game but it never works in real life. 

The problem is that Boston has 20 other teams that they can negotiate with instead of taking lesser assets. Talent is way more valuable than cap space, if it wasn't we would see a team like Chicago clean up in the trade market but that doesn't happen. The Hawks with all that cap space will still have to trade assets in order to acquire decent players. It would be one thing if the OP actually took the feedback well and decided to use it to create better proposals but that doesn't happen, he goes into denial mode and starts calling out posters that took the time to post legitimate feedback like mll in random threads. 

Yikes, did I hurt the feelings of one of your boyfriends or something? Lol.  This is a forum where we are all entitled to our opinions.  Nowhere does it say I have to accept other people's opinions as fact.

• RoughGame 1

I think BOS will look to clear Reilly and Forbort off their books. Ideally trading both with sweeteners. Or even buying both out would only have a total cap hit of $1m.

Then they will trade Ullmark for a king's ransom and resign Swayman as their #1 for around $3.5m.

All up that nets them $11.5 - 12.5m in cap space to sign 6 forwards, 3 Dmen and a backup goalie.

If Bergeron and Krejci come back for one more run at league minimum salary then they can make that work and still ice a decent roster.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yikes, did I hurt the feelings of one of your boyfriends or something? Lol.  This is a forum where we are all entitled to our opinions.  Nowhere does it say I have to accept other people's opinions as fact.

Yikes, sounds like I did hurt someone's feelings. Lol. I did not say you need to accept anyone's opinions as fact. What is the point of posting a proposal if it is not to get feedback on it? What is the point of then attacking and dismissing someone who goes to the effort of actually posting feedback? The funny thing is you go into random threads in the trades/signings forum and you take passive aggressive shots at someone trying to give you some constructive criticism. I am just going to keep it simple, I think your proposals are stupidly one-sided and would probably not even work in NHL 23. 

Edited by Toews
  • RoughGame 1