The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Plenty of 3rd Line Centre Options

Rate this topic

Herberts Vasiljevs

On 6/20/2023 at 12:35 PM, Odd. said:

Girgensons would be an upgrade on 4C over Aman. 

Sure but remember it was Aman's first year and he did well considering he would have been on the farm if we had a 4c already but he has lots of room to grow his game, what we saw is just scratching the surface, I still believe he can improve a lot and remain our 4c for quite some time (hopefully) and he's still very young and lots to learn, which is fine, we're still not making a cup run for at least 2 more seasons so he has some time.

At any rate, this is a much better team than last year so should be fun to watch 'moving forward" 

I'm just glad the neverending turnstile of players in and out of Vancouver seems to be slowing down for once, and if we can actually keep our farm growing, it might slow to a crawl and that would sure help our situation especially if we can have a ELC or 2 step in for cap relief! 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, icycold said:

Sure but remember it was Aman's first year and he did well considering he would have been on the farm if we had a 4c already but he has lots of room to grow his game, what we saw is just scratching the surface, I still believe he can improve a lot and remain our 4c for quite some time (hopefully) and he's still very young and lots to learn, which is fine, we're still not making a cup run for at least 2 more seasons so he has some time.

At any rate, this is a much better team than last year so should be fun to watch 'moving forward" 

I'm just glad the neverending turnstile of players in and out of Vancouver seems to be slowing down for once, and if we can actually keep our farm growing, it might slow to a crawl and that would sure help our situation especially if we can have a ELC or 2 step in for cap relief! 

I like aman a lot. Let him keep developing.  I can see him possibly being a 3c with the right linemates. 

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I like aman a lot. Let him keep developing.  I can see him possibly being a 3c with the right linemates. 

Yeah, he was basically thrown to the sharks on a sink or swim mission but he did ok, sure he made mistakes but that was/is to be expected but also made good heads up plays and stayed in position more often than not with decent reads and in a high speed moving NHL pace, that's saying something! Hope he makes it! 

However if for some reason he can't get much better then at least we have him for depth, worst case scenario right? 

Side note!!!! Mikheyev is skating again! That's good news!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/28/2023 at 8:29 PM, icycold said:

Yeah, he was basically thrown to the sharks on a sink or swim mission but he did ok, sure he made mistakes but that was/is to be expected but also made good heads up plays and stayed in position more often than not with decent reads and in a high speed moving NHL pace, that's saying something! Hope he makes it! 

However if for some reason he can't get much better then at least we have him for depth, worst case scenario right? 

Side note!!!! Mikheyev is skating again! That's good news!

He did ok. I actually preferred Lammikko- surprised he wasn’t brought back 

I've been thinking about our 3C signing for a while... still all quiet on the trade front this summer... assuming we won't be able to offload Myers/Garland, I see just 2 RH centres that are worth a look that could come at a cheap price: Krejci and Stepan

Krejci might lean on retirement and he'll probably be interested in a cup contender... so that leaves us with Stepan only....  Studnicka is supposed to nail that spot but unfortunately he failed to prove himself

On 7/31/2023 at 10:26 AM, RakuRaku said:

I've been thinking about our 3C signing for a while... still all quiet on the trade front this summer... assuming we won't be able to offload Myers/Garland, I see just 2 RH centres that are worth a look that could come at a cheap price: Krejci and Stepan

Krejci might lean on retirement and he'll probably be interested in a cup contender... so that leaves us with Stepan only....  Studnicka is supposed to nail that spot but unfortunately he failed to prove himself

Heck no to stepan. The guy is a dikc.