The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Boston trades Taylor Hall and the rights to UFA Nick Foligno to Chicago for the rights to RFA's Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

8 points in 7 games in the playoffs. Probably dealing with injury.

Chicago needs names for next season. They don’t wanna surround Bedard with crap players.

He's not the high level player he once was.  His past few seasons are nothing to write home about.

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Who knows what motivates Hall. He may see mentoring Bedard as a plus

The list was filed on 1 July a year ago.  He didn't put Chicago on the list and Boston was able to trade him without his permission.  Doubt he's happy going to a rebuilding team when he's been talking about how much he longs for the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Hall has averaged 43.8 points per season since his MVP run in 2017. 

Been regularly injured too.

I don’t see the down side for Chicago getting a former 1st overall to play with their new first overall for free.

Do you think they’re worried about cap?

Just now, mll said:

The list was filed on 1 July a year ago.  He didn't put Chicago on the list and Boston was able to trade him without his permission.  Doubt he's happy going to a rebuilding team when he's been talking about how much he longs for the playoffs.  

I still don't understand how he didn't have Chicago on his list.  It's shocking.

Just now, HKSR said:

I still don't understand how he didn't have Chicago on his list.  It's shocking.

I don't get it either - 16 teams is a lot when so many teams would never have the cap space to trade for him.  The bottom teams should have been the 1st ones on the list.  

Just now, LucBourdon28 said:

Former hart trophy winner. Can probably play alongside Bedard. His name alone could sell some seats.

Would you or any of us really care enough about Taylor Hall that he'd sell seats at Rogers Arena? lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Former hart trophy winner. Can probably play alongside Bedard. His name alone could sell some seats.

Bingo.

They don’t actually need to be good but they need to give the fans something exciting to cheer for.

Not gonna get too many former Hart winners for free. :lol:

• There it is 1

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What the hell... can't believe Boston was able to unload cap that easily. 

Meanwhile Canucks and their OEL buyout:

Derp GIF - Derp - Discover & Share GIFs | Derp, Gif, Discover

We probably forgot about OEL NMC too. Allvin was handcuffed pretty much all around 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would you or any of us really care enough about Taylor Hall that he'd sell seats at Rogers Arena? lol

Nope but a team with only one star that are rebuilding would.

Bedard needs someone to play with.

1 minute ago, LucBourdon28 said:

More than Garland/ Boeser lol

Lol Hall isn’t any better than those guys. I don’t think anyone would give a sh!t about going to see Taylor Hall. Maybe more in Chicago though 

Just now, Devron said:

Lol Hall isn’t any better than those guys. I don’t think anyone would give a sh!t about going to see Taylor Hall. Maybe more in Chicago though 

They’ll be going to see Bedard.

Bedard will need someone to pass him the puck though.

• Like 1