The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] William Nylander seeking a contract over $10 million

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Two wrongs don't make a right,  if i am trying to win a championship,  none of them are on my wishlist. 

Yeah, that's not how that works when players negotiate deals. And I don’t care who’s on your wishlist. He has a valid point and comparable for a raise. 

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Not a big Nylander fan, but regardless. You start paying one dimensional wingers 10+ million a year and your limiting the monies to spend at center and D which are far more important. There are only so many wingers in the NHL worth that and Nylander isn't one of them. Imho.

he's not a one dimensional winger.  The only people who actually think that have a pretty heavy anti-Toronto bias.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

he's not a one dimensional winger.  The only people who actually think that have a pretty heavy anti-Toronto bias.  

Then I'm guilty of having an Anti-Toronto bias. He has no physical game to speak of, scared of getting hit, barely adequate defensively, can score. One dimensional in my books.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I don't have a problem with him, he'd be good here, but I don't see a fit. 

This is about where I stand on this, I like the player but I don't see a fit here even if the Boeser deal could work out we have too many similar players. If a series of moves were made I could see that changing but that is a lot to accommodate one player we have an abundance of.  

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I don't have a problem with him, he'd be good here, but I don't see a fit. 

Definitely not a fit here, that was Benning who was collecting "Softy" Wingers. ::D

Now we are trying to get rid of them.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

What they ask for and what they are really worth are two very different things. Bo and the NYI really thought Bo was a #1 Center, the rest of us? Well? :lol:

He still got what he asked for didn't he? 

If I'm Nylander I'm not giving leafs any discounts. No one on the leafs team has given any discount so why should Nylander who you can argue has been the most consistent playoff performer out of the core 4. 10M is too much, but with his production he can totally ask for 9M+. 

I am very curious how much Matthews signs for, which directly affects how much Nylander gets. I still don't quite understand how the media thinks Matthews is worth 13.5-14M? Sure he scored 60 goals and was Hart winner before and plays first line center, but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. If there's anyone that's worth the max contract that the CBA allows, it's Connor McDavid. 

Edited by canuckwings
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

If I'm Nylander I'm not giving leafs any discounts. No one on the leafs team has given any discount so why should Nylander who you can argue has been the most consistent playoff performer out of the core 4. 10M is too much, but with his production he can totally ask for 9M+. 

I am very curious how much Matthews signs for, which directly affects how much Nylander gets. I still don't quite understand how the media thinks Matthews is worth 13.5-14M? Sure he scored 60 goals and was Hart winner before and plays first line center, but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. If there's anyone that's worth the max contract that the CBA allows, it's Connor McDavid. 

This. He shouldn’t have to take a pay cut to accommodate the other 3 who aren’t taking a pay cut. Not sure why some here can’t grasp this. ::D

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Then I'm guilty of having an Anti-Toronto bias. He has no physical game to speak of, scared of getting hit, barely adequate defensively, can score. One dimensional in my books.

I don't see that at all.  In fact, in the post season, he's one  of the few leafs to even show up 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

This is about where I stand on this, I like the player but I don't see a fit here even if the Boeser deal could work out we have too many similar players. If a series of moves were made I could see that changing but that is a lot to accommodate one player we have an abundance of.  

I would never pay him that kind of $, but he and Petey would be pretty lethal, imo. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nylander to the Rangers just seems like a possibility. Rangers always seem to be in on the big names and somehow be able to afford these high profile players. 

I'm surprised Vegas isn't in the mix already lol. Cap doesn't exist for them.

• Haha 1