The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] William Nylander seeking a contract over $10 million

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Winnipeg for Hellebuyck 

Willie is clearly all about the money, so as long as the Jets come thruough with the big contract he will sign there long term. Leafs need a goalie. Makes sense for both cllubs.

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Gee.. 

So we have top 5 defensemen (Hughes)

Best players in the world (Pettersson)

Top 5 goalie (Demko)

And yet we are playing at the league bottom for the previous 3 seasons. 

I mean Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl  - who truely are the best players in the world and they can consistently make the playoffs at least. 

I wonder if we overrate our players or not. 

Top 10 scorer and top 10 selke nominee. If that doesn't enter top 10 player in the world category idk what to tell you. He will be paid accordingly, I've always said 11.5x8 and we run away laughing

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Tavares brought them nothing but trouble..set off the dominoes.

Only thing is, Tavares actually earned his deal, the same way Stamkos earned his deal and a lot of the other guys his age.   The next crop or wave of guys, started demanding AND getting massive deals as RFAs barely doing much of anything.   Like they all took a chapter out of Petr Nedveds book and instead of the GM saying adios, whined and threw a tantrum until they got their way.     100% agree with Hansen, Burke and others who've been talking about this for years.    Tavares was a first overall pick, like Stamkos, and both of them delivered during their second deals big time.    Like what we got with JT Miller, but right away and for six or so years.    Tavares earned his deal, the same way Doughty and EK earned theirs.   A top, reliable, center for years.    Problem was the Nylander, AM and Marner deals.   They somehow felt and got massive pay days, that crippled their team make up.   You're supposed to get your "window", when your young stars are RFAs.    TO also dealt with high taxes.   Stamkos makes as much as any of these guys, and he's a UFA, net pay.    Mathews didn't get paid like Stamkos did his second deal, and Stamkos was a Richard winner his second year.   Hart votes second and third year ... Tavares ELC was just as impressive as Mathews (Stamkos was more impressive).    The issue is IMO, the league can't pay UFA money for second contracts,  Dubas is the main dickhead, that finalized a trend that was around already.    Hansen ... "why is JB paying so much for guy's who've never done anything " ... it's not really his fault.    Its a league wide issue now. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

27 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Top 10 scorer and top 10 selke nominee. If that doesn't enter top 10 player in the world category idk what to tell you. He will be paid accordingly, I've always said 11.5x8 and we run away laughing

Allvin called EP a "top 15 player in this league" .... so he will get paid like one.    Yes that means 11.5 x 8 or something like that.    He's done it once.   There will be an expectation, that he can keep it up.   Personally feel he can rattle off another 5 or so 100 plus point seasons in a row, and end up leading the Canucks all-time if he plays 8 more seasons with us after this one, and doesn't get injured.  Glad Allvin understands the team needs to get bigger.    Hope he also understands the value of a guy like Reaves.   EPs longevity could depend on that somewhat, especially come playoff time. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Allvin called EP a "top 15 player in this league" .... so he will get paid like one.    Yes that means 11.5 x 8 or something like that.  

And that would be a great deal for us. I think using Hughes as a comparable for internal cap will make it closer to 10, which would be an absolute STEAL. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Willie is clearly all about the money, so as long as the Jets come thruough with the big contract he will sign there long term. Leafs need a goalie. Makes sense for both cllubs.

It is that or Pesce that make the most sense of what is clearly on trade market.  Never know with Gibson available if Anaheim might want him but they seem to have a lot of what he brings.  I guess SJ is another wild card.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

It is that or Pesce that make the most sense of what is clearly on trade market.  Never know with Gibson available if Anaheim might want him but they seem to have a lot of what he brings.  I guess SJ is another wild card.

Gibson isn't available... Is that you Serevalli?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Wee Double Flamingo Wille is looking for 10 mil per then (knowing that) which team will give up quality assets to trade for him? 

Dumbass is dumb enough to get him back, pay him more than Crosby and promise to never trade him, again.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wanless said:

When matthews is said to be getting close to max and Marner is making 12, William is a point a game in playoffs and the Leafs have a history pf over valuing their players why not try??

That's the key.  He's actually shown up in the playoffs for the Laffs.  The two M brothers (Mathews & Marner) have done jack**** in the playoffs & jack left town.:lol:

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Gee.. 

So we have top 5 defensemen (Hughes)

Best players in the world (Pettersson)

Top 5 goalie (Demko)

And yet we are playing at the league bottom for the previous 3 seasons. 

I mean Oilers have McDavid and Draisaitl  - who truely are the best players in the world and they can consistently make the playoffs at least. 

I wonder if we overrate our players or not. 

I’m sorry but Demko is not a top 5 goalie.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's the key.  He's actually shown up in the playoffs for the Laffs.  The two M brothers (Mathews & Marner) have done jack**** in the playoffs & jack left town.:lol:

Marner has been fine.  It's that dirty mustache dood that's the problem.

• elephant 1