The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

On 8/13/2023 at 2:49 PM, Citizen Erased said:

It will be good to have an address to Fed Ex Garland back to in a box marked “Return to sender”.

I'm not sure why so many are so quick to want to jettison him off probably the most underappreciated Canuck in a while. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm not sure why so many are so quick to want to jettison him off probably the most underappreciated Canuck in a while. 

IMHO, he's still a useful player.  Maybe a little overpaid but he's a player other teams don't like to play against.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Because he's small and not Canadian. You can't win with guys like that. You need, big, strong, truculent Canadians to win like Jake Virtanen, Tyler Myers, and Mark Messier. 

While we're at it we should ship Hughes out as well. Too small and too American. Maybe Columbus would consider a straight up swap for good ol' tough Canadian boy Erik Gudbranson. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

The problem is the Canucks have too many undersized forwards and he’s especially overpaid. His nationality is irrelevant to me. 

29 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

The problem is the Canucks have too many undersized forwards and he’s especially overpaid. His nationality is irrelevant to me. 

Meh, one of our best 5 0n 5 players, I'd move Beauvillier before Garland.  

40 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Same here and it will be easier since Beau is on an expiring contract. However, I would move both of them. 

We need players that are hard to play against and Garland is relentless. Beauvillier and Myers are the priority to move out unless someone is offering an overpayment for Garland.

3 hours ago, McBackup said:

Because he's small and not Canadian. You can't win with guys like that. You need, big, strong, truculent Canadians to win like Jake Virtanen, Tyler Myers, and Mark Messier. 

While we're at it we should ship Hughes out as well. Too small and too American. Maybe Columbus would consider a straight up swap for good ol' tough Canadian boy Erik Gudbranson. 

FYI, Myers is American born with Canadian citizenship… he’s half and half. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's not worth $5 mil and is standing in our way to be better. Simple if you look at the big picture.

He has no role on our team. #Benning model

Edited by Gawdzukes

28 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's not worth $5 mil and is standing in our way to be better. Simple if you look at the big picture.

He has no role on our team. #Benning model

One of our best 5 on 5 players has no role? I think you’re blinded by your dislike for the player. 

• There it is 1

48 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

One of our best 5 on 5 players has no role? I think you’re blinded by your dislike for the player. 

Nope, I just don't think he benefits our team much at $5 mil a season. He never seems to find a permanent line to play on imho. Correct me if I'am wrong there. I don't dislike him I just think he's a major obstacle to the Canucks purchasing better players to fit our team. There is only so much cap to go around.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. Beau is gone next year anyway. Garland is eating $5 mil in cap for 3 more years.

Yup. New Beau has trade value. Garland is just another Benning stain, albeit a Smurf sized one. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. New Beau has trade value. Garland is just another Benning stain, albeit a Smurf sized one. 

Hmmm hmmm. They both lack what we need. Miller and Petey are our stud pieces. We need to surround those guys with size, toughness, and two way play, neither of which Beau or Garland provide.

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nope, I just don't think he benefits our team much at $5 mil a season. He never seems to find a permanent line to play on imho. Correct me if I'am wrong there. I don't dislike him I just think he's a major obstacle to the Canucks purchasing better players to fit our team. There is only so much cap to go around.

He doesn't because of injuries and he's a swiss army knife that can play up or down the roster. That is the literal opposite of a hinderance. 

19 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

If wishes were horses beggars would ride. Beau is gone next year anyway. Garland is eating $5 mil in cap for 3 more years.

And producing so his cap is a nothingburger, 50ish point players are about $5million now... 

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Hmmm hmmm. They both lack what we need. Miller and Petey are our stud pieces. We need to surround those guys with size, toughness, and two way play, neither of which Beau or Garland provide.

New Beau is on an expiring contract. He has trade value. Garland has negative value. Benning :picard: