The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

14 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Think it was 75,000 per year for a 3 yr term.

Still wacky, anyway.

Man if that's the case then that's even more crazy! I do like how they are changing the seats to black though.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Man if that's the case then that's even more crazy! I do like how they are changing the seats to black though.

It could just be that section though. The rest of the arena might not be that colour, or might not even change yet. They've been 'auditioning' various seat options lately to see what works. I imagine different areas will get different seats as well.

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, McBackup said:

It could just be that section though. The rest of the arena might not be that colour, or might not even change yet. They've been 'auditioning' various seat options lately to see what works. I imagine different areas will get different seats as well.

Black or dark blue would look so great. I believe Clay Imoo had a source say that the Canucks are going to replace all the seats with black seats over the next 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Black or dark blue would look so great. I believe Clay Imoo had a source say that the Canucks are going to replace all the seats with black seats over the next 3 years.

I'd be in favour of dark blue. Its subtler than the red seats but still matches the team's aesthetic. 

How blue seats could look at Rogers Arena via @risingaction : r/canucks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

I'd be in favour of dark blue. Its subtler than the red seats but still matches the team's aesthetic. 

How blue seats could look at Rogers Arena via @risingaction : r/canucks

That looks so awesome!! I'm with you, blue over black for sure. Black is still better than red of course, but blue would look so great.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Chicken. said:

$225k commitment for 3-years. per seat???? $450k for a pair?? only slightly outrageous.... that is beyond anything I had imagined lol wtf

This price will be quickly scaled down. The people with THAT much money in this city don't go to sporting events it consumes too much time and time is $. Also noticed the Asian population in that tax braket prefers other sports as ice hockey isn't big in Asia.

Also, corporations who have that type of client/entertainment allowance would always opt for a box.

These seats were meant for single individual or a pair, but at the current price you'll never find a person who is both a fan of the team AND has $150k disposable income.

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

This price will be quickly scaled down. The people with THAT much money in this city don't go to sporting events it consumes too much time and time is $. Also noticed the Asian population in that tax braket prefers other sports as ice hockey isn't big in Asia.

Also, corporations who have that type of client/entertainment allowance would always opt for a box.

These seats were meant for single individual or a pair, but at the current price you'll never find a person who is both a fan of the team AND has $150k disposable income.

Yes... the box seats are where it's at if you got the money.

I used to get free box seats once in a while behind the attacking zone and there was an all you can eat buffet included.. chef carved roast beef and all.. i can only imagine how much those cost but it was sure nice while it lasted. Heck of a lot better than being down with the peasants. -_-

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, CanuckRookieFan said:

Doubtful. The Canucks have more expensive seats than this. They have 2 "Loges" that were 113k per seat per season back when the team was worse and they were still sold out. It doesn't even matter if you like the team or not, it just becomes a business expense once you're dropping that kind of cash on a hockey ticket.

21 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If anyone can rebuild the railing the right way, it’s the Canucks.

At least it forced them to upgrade/rebuild the railing. 

The stadium is old and needs a big renovation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Better yet, build a new rink south of Pacific Blvd on the current Cirque grounds and convert the old rink into their practice rink, with condos sprouting up the top.

Yeah, get a better Feng Shui. Not winning the cup with that old barn. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Better yet, build a new rink south of Pacific Blvd on the current Cirque grounds and convert the old rink into their practice rink, with condos sprouting up the top.

LOL that idea is AWESOME. 

They could add more seats, make it more club boxy, raze down most of the existing rink, build condos on top of both, and use the leftover rink as a "heritage" practice facility.

Have even more bars and stuff. Have some expensive condos on top that should I win the lottery, I could buy and then stagger to after the game.

• Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Now we're talkin'!  :towel:

edit. afterall, Franquilini is after the $$$, no? 

Show-me-the-money GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

All my suggestions should Aqua listen to me would actually make him more money! From going all in on redevelopment, to being more Rocky Wirtz than Bill Wirtz, as much as I think the other fans and myself would enjoy, all would make him more money. It would be win win, the best kind of business deal.

Because if you think screwing the other guy over is better, it is, but only temporarily. Eventually you run out of other guys, you get a reputation, and people learn to walk away.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Could we use the 7.1 million in cap space we gained to help on the last practice facility to be built in the NHL? I’m joking of course.

But being last team to have a practice facility is a joke and we shouldn’t be in this position. If we are going to be true to the preaching to come into town before training camp, get into tip top shape, and have a solid start for the first time in awhile. Players talk amongst each other, I’m sure it’s not a good look for our guys to have to drive to Burnaby with their gear or drive to UBC for practice. Do I know how much real estate is in the downtown core to build a brand new practice facility in Vancouver these days? It’s expensive but if it’s a resource that every team has now other than us. That’s up to the owner the ball is in his court.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Could we use the 7.1 million in cap space we gained to help on the last practice facility to be built in the NHL? I’m joking of course.

But being last team to have a practice facility is a joke and we shouldn’t be in this position. If we are going to be true to the preaching to come into town before training camp, get into tip top shape, and have a solid start for the first time in awhile. Players talk amongst each other, I’m sure it’s not a good look for our guys to have to drive to Burnaby with their gear or drive to UBC for practice. Do I know how much real estate is in the downtown core to build a brand new practice facility in Vancouver these days? It’s expensive but if it’s a resource that every team has now other than us. That’s up to the owner the ball is in his court.

Practice facility doesn't need to be downtown, and most teams practice facilities aren't. What is important is that its theirs, a facility that is essentially their home and they have control over. Whether its downtown, in Burnaby, Richmond, North Van, etc. is largely irrelevent. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1