The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Michael Del Zotto announces retirement

Rate this topic

Del Zotto's relationships extended beyond his fellow team members, he said.

"The most meaningful were the ones I shared with the kids I met at Ronald McDonald house during my time in Vancouver and those with the Garden of Dreams during my time in New York, especially Liam and Taylor," Del Zotto said. 

"As athletes, we can become consumed with each season, game period or shift, but hockey is just a game. These relationships often kept me in check and reminded me about what was most important in life. Having the opportunity to make a positive impact on others and give back to the community was the most rewarding part of my career."

As he moves on to the next chapter of his life, Del Zotto said he's ready to spend more time with family and explore the world. But he's also a part-time DJ, and according to his LinkedIn page, he's also a licensed real estate agent, a brand ambassador for the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation and a mentor at Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

Who remembered how we used to call him “Del Zaster?” 

Considering we didn't exactly treat him very well as a fan base, I was definitely a little bit surprised to see him say that his time at Ronald McDonald house was among the most meaningful and that he's still a mentor with the BC chapter.

• Like 1