The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

On 12/1/2023 at 10:45 PM, Slegr said:

It’s pretty pathetic. At first, there was a big push to have regular members go join the new site. Now the fact that this site still exists, it’ll be unintentionally creating competition from that site, and confusion for newbies. Do what you said you’d do and shut it down, people.

To be fair, the new forum was made by Stealth and the mods to keep our community together after this announcement.

We are the ones that pushed for members to switch as part of keeping the community together.

We have zero say in decision making in the Canucks org and we have zero say in when it closes. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:45 PM, Slegr said:

it’ll be unintentionally creating competition from that site

New (best) site: 1370 members (actively involved)

This old beast currently has: 5 members online/active (including you and me)

I think it's been decided.

We're just here for the beer at this point. And to witness when, one day, it finally is truly "gone". Sad moment for me for reasons I've previously told the stories of. But it's ok, we've adjusted just fine despite the fact.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, -DLC- said:

New (best) site: 1370 members (actively involved)

This old beast currently has: 5 members online/active (including you and me)

I think it's been decided.

We're just here for the beer at this point. And to witness when, one day, it finally is truly "gone". Sad moment for me for reasons I've previously told the stories of. But it's ok, we've adjusted just fine despite the fact.

I’m here for the same reason I enjoy NASCAR, watching the big crash. This forum has taken one too many lefts.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

tenor.gif

Any NEWBIE stumbling across this, come here 

New site --> https://www.canucksfanforum.com/

Why you ask, well, for one if you were on the new site you might have had drinks bought for you at the New Jersey Game tomorrow ... and we all know drink prices are how they are going to pay Petey's next contract

Confused, go over to the new site and find out 

tenor.gif?itemid=15929401

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1