The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Canucks trade Pearson to Montreal

billabong

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Sry what’s team friendly deal are we talking about? What 28 year old with a consistent production signed a 2mil contract with Pearson 40 points at the time 15-20 goals production? Gm upset? Gm are always upset at deals. Just like I’m sure gm are upset at all the deals ppl are giving to rookies with no little to no track records 8 year 7-8mil contracts based on potentials. You think pa is happy with Sanderson getting 8mil for just 77 games and 3x points? What’s hronek going to ask for next year? Especially if Sanderson only gets 30ish points again this season? 

Here's the problem Pearson is not consistent. Canucks army wrote about his inconsistencies when got extended and if he was consistent the Pens wouldn't have given him up for Gudbransson.

Edited by iinatcc

23 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

although my opinion dont matter to anyone, Martin should be backup still. DeSmith will get more ice, and press Silovs in Abby. The defense is better for Martin to have a great Goals against this year (in limited games) and he could be a good trade in the spring

I don't get what you mean by this, what role would you want DeSmith to play?
Could see the reasoning for Martin, and I do hope the best man wins the backup job.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:02 PM, EastCoastNucks said:

you are shortsighted to under-estimate Martin. Demko started last year injured and Spencer knew it, and Delia was nothing compared to Martin, 

Tolopilo, Nikita ELC Waivers Exempt G Tr. Camp Signed 23 - $950,000 $950,000
RFA

Silovs, Arturs ELCPerformance Bonus Waivers Exempt G Tr. Camp Draft 22 - $786,111
RFA

Sawchenko, Zach

Maybe, but I for one would prefer a legit 1B/ fringe #2 ahead of a (currently) #3/ #4 (depending on how highly you rank Silovs, Martin could be #3 or #4).
Remember too, this is likely more than just developing Martin, but rather if Petey is unhappy with the team not competing he could just not re-sign and that'd be a major step back, even if the backup goalie (in this case you're suggesting Martin) does well.  I'd rather give the team the best fighting chance to compete if that ensures longer term success.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 3:02 AM, Phil_314 said:

I don't get what you mean by this, what role would you want DeSmith to play?
Could see the reasoning for Martin, and I do hope the best man wins the backup job.

Sorry for not replying. My point was that DeSmith could hide down in Abby and Martin could strut some stuff behind Demko and a better defense this year, so we could sell Spencer instead of just letting him go for nothing

On 9/30/2023 at 10:39 PM, EastCoastNucks said:

Sorry for not replying. My point was that DeSmith could hide down in Abby and Martin could strut some stuff behind Demko and a better defense this year, so we could sell Spencer instead of just letting him go for nothing

All good, it's a moot point though, he's already gone.

21 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

so I was right we gave him up for nothing instead of strutting his wares for a few months. more bad management

I disagree though, we got a (so far) stable backup goalie and $1.45 million in freed cap space.