The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Canucks trade Pearson to Montreal

billabong

I'll post here for now cuz my IT department has blocked forumcanucks.com (due to it being a newly registered domain :rolleyes:)...

Good move by Allvin.  Unloaded the Pearson contract and brought in a viable backup for the cost of a 3rd round pick.  I'll take it.  Would have been better to see Myers moved instead though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would have been better to see Myers moved instead though.

Still hoping there's a deal to trade Myers+ to CAR for Pesce.

If that happens, and even though it's really early, I would put the Canucks in the Contenders category.

Edited by Nucker 67
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Nucker 67 said:

Still hoping there's a deal to trade Myers+ to CAR for Pesce.

If that happens, and even though it's really early, I would put the Canucks in the Contenders category.

If you were Carolina, a team trying to win the cup, why would you take a trade of Myers for Pesce even with a 1st round pick?

Carolina wants to win now. I can see Pesce going at the trade deadline for a haul, with lots of teams vying for him. 

But we don't have anything to offer them to make them better for the playoffs. Unless you are willing to trade Hughes. 

Whatever we have to offer, a team with cap space like Anaheim or LA can easily outbid Vancouver. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you were Carolina, a team trying to win the cup, why would you take a trade of Myers for Pesce even with a 1st round pick?

Carolina wants to win now. I can see Pesce going at the trade deadline for a haul, with lots of teams vying for him. 

But we don't have anything to offer them to make them better for the playoffs. Unless you are willing to trade Hughes. 

Whatever we have to offer, a team with cap space like Anaheim or LA can easily outbid Vancouver. 

With our luck, we would make the trade and then he would clinch the cup against us with the game winning goal.

• Haha 1