The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 04, 2023 | 7:00 pm PT | Chat with Vintage Edition

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Dick Tocch's excuse is probably that he knows what he has in EP40, QH43, JTM9, and TD35.

But I agree, this should be the time for systems play to be practiced in a game scenario, not to figure out who to keep on the roster.

You know, I still mispronounce his last name wrong. I've been told how to pronounce it, but I still mispronounce it. Maybe two weeks from now I will be saying TOK ET! 

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So, since this is the "Vintage Chat Edition", time to chat with Vintage!  ::D

Hey, @-Vintage Canuck- - of all the regimes you've seen at the helm, which regime do you think is the least understood, and why?  I mean, I know a lot of people love the Pat Quinn era, and some like the way Burkie handles the media, but what I'm wanting to know is what you think of the regimes the Canucks have had that a lot of people misunderstand, or haven't had the patience to understand, and why it is that they are misunderstood?

Good question and you put me on the spot. :lol: 

I would say the Mike Gillis era with the Canucks from 2008 to 2014 is kind of a mixed bag. On one hand, he brought in this fresh perspective, diving deep into analytics and sports science, and we were killing it in the regular season -- won the Presidents' Trophy twice. But then came the playoffs, and that 2011 Stanley Cup Final loss hit hard. Some folks credit him for being gutsy, like trading Schneider and keeping Luongo, but others weren't too thrilled with the results. It's a complex mix of success and shortcomings, with the whole challenge of balancing short-term wins and long-term sustainability thrown in. It's one of those regimes that sparks a lot of debate, and everyone's got their own take on it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If you watch law procedural dramas, you'll probably have encountered the word "docket" a lot.  Dick Tocch's family name rhymes with "docket".  Comes in handy when he's being arraigned, I guess... :ph34r:

Ok, I will try to remember - DOCKET! 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm ok with cats. Haven't owned one in 22 years.

I'd like a dog. But I live alone and it's not fair to keep a dog in an apartment for 12 hours, 2 days a week. And I can't afford dog daycare.

I have a cat, she's goofy and happy as ever! Have you seen pictures of her? Once she was so happy that she rolled over and fell off the top of the cat tree! I was like - GEORGE!! ???

• Like 1