Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, pomorick said:

We are going to need Burrows again....as a coach or assistant coach!

No, no we are not. His is a spent force. Get over your high school crush and move on.

Went to see Fly Over Canada yesterday and Burrows was the only Canuck featured in the intro video. I found it wierd that it was him and not one of the Sedins.

I'm kind of hoping we can turn this irrelevant Burrows thread into a Tryamkin thread, given I enjoyed reading and contributing to that thread in the prospects subforum and it's now locked while this one is endlessly pinned.

What do people think of Tryamkin's return date? Will he play out all three years of that KHL contract? Or will he buy out the last year and return in 2019/20?

And did you notice that he has been assigned the captaincy on his team this year? 

10 hours ago, Slegr said:

I'm kind of hoping we can turn this irrelevant Burrows thread into a Tryamkin thread, given I enjoyed reading and contributing to that thread in the prospects subforum and it's now locked while this one is endlessly pinned.

What do people think of Tryamkin's return date? Will he play out all three years of that KHL contract? Or will he buy out the last year and return in 2019/20?

And did you notice that he has been assigned the captaincy on his team this year? 

Tryamkin spent how long playing here?  What was his story again of how he got here and how dedicated he was to this organization?  What significant moments jump out at you in a dragon slaying way?

Burr faced SO much adversity but never did it scare him away.

I know some want this thread closed but it won't be me to ever do it.  #notsorry

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Tryamkin spent how long playing here?  What was his story again of how he got here and how dedicated he was to this organization?  What significant moments jump out at you in a dragon slaying way?

Burr faced SO much adversity but never did it scare him away.

I know some want this thread closed but it won't be me to ever do it.  #notsorry

Deb, I hear you and no argument that Burrows was one of the best Canucks. He was incredible. And I don’t want this thread closed. But I would suggest that having this thread remain pinned and seeing it at the top of Canucks talk every day has made what was once a fun thread into an albatross.

Perhaps what this site needs is a Canucks alumni forum, with threads on guys like Burrows, Linden, the Sedins, etc?

As for Tryamkin, he is still an exciting, young prospect who could become something great for the Canucks. Where are we supposed to currently talk about him, if not in the prospects forum (where his thread has been locked)?

Edited by Slegr
  • Hydration 1

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Deb, I hear you and no argument that Burrows was one of the best Canucks. He was incredible. And I don’t want this thread closed. But I would suggest that having this thread remain pinned and seeing it at the top of Canucks talk every day has made what was once a fun thread into an albatross.

Perhaps what this site needs is a Canucks alumni forum, with threads on guys like Burrows, Linden, the Sedins, etc?

As for Tryamkin, he is still an exciting, young prospect who could become something great for the Canucks. Where are we supposed to currently talk about him, if not in the prospects forum (where his thread has been locked)?

Thank you for a reasonable response and some good suggestions.  Don't really understand why pinned is an issue for some, as it's a bit of a unique thread...a classic and a one off that is easily ignored. 

I just can't be the one to do it when it does go..... 

#worstmodever

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I can’t really blame you. We all have our favourites. If I was a mod, we’d likely have a glorious Jiri Slegr thread pinned.

Edited by Slegr
  • Hydration 1

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thank you for a reasonable response and some good suggestions.  Don't really understand why pinned is an issue for some, as it's a bit of a unique thread...a classic and a one off that is easily ignored. 

#worstmodever

I think at the very least, this means my Richard Brodeur for the Ring of Honour thread can be unlocked.  How else are we supposed to see justice done to the King?

• Hydration 1

Unpin this thread, and let it sink to the deprhs of this forum, its annoying its dated and its actually starting to skew the good memories i have of burr.  

If whoever pinned this would get over their fan boy, fan girl nature.  And let the fans decide how relevent this thread is, instead of one dilusional fan forcing their opinion over everyone else. 

/end thread

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Really? Why do you care? No one forces you to come and read this thread dedicated to a former Canuck who many of us still admire and have fond memories of.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This thread is a prime example of a troll winning.... big time. Trolls want attention and the fact that this thread is pinned certainly provides that attention.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

Or maybe this is a perfect example of a troll whining and seeking attention because no one has looked under their bridge lately!

On 8/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, shayster007 said:

hopefully he put in a good word about Vancouver to Erik! 

We still have two Swedish icons in town who could put in a word ;)

Now we just need the prankster that was/ is Burr to go remind Dorion that he's an idiot sandwich and maybe he'll undersell on his star D-man!! 

On 25/08/2018 at 2:21 PM, The Lock said:

This thread is a prime example of a troll winning.... big time. Trolls want attention and the fact that this thread is pinned certainly provides that attention.

This thread isn't about anybody winning, or losing. This thread is about Burrows, and how much he ment to this franchise.

This thread is part of our folklore.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Most people don't realize
That two large pieces of coral,
Painted brown, and attached to his skull
With common wood screws can make a child look like a deer.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:02 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

I think at the very least, this means my Richard Brodeur for the Ring of Honour thread can be unlocked.  How else are we supposed to see justice done to the King?

Not until the fiery redhead "The Franchise" gets his due in the Ring of Honour (Hanlon).:P