The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

So what happens with her ranking?  I don't follow tennis enough to understand how that works.

Her win/loss record this year is pretty amazing too.

She gets an allotted number of points for winning the tournament so naturally her ranking will rise.  My guess is she'll likely land somewhere in the Top 5-7.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You spelled Bianca wrong.

No I spelled Serena right. 

Bianca won her first major. And it's great. I was rooting for her hard. Great to see she pulled it out despite the scare in 2nd set. 

Serena has been a great champ for decades. I remeber when she first came on the scene 20+ years ago.

She's 37 yrs old and still great. 

She's got what 23 majors? So she definitely deserves compliment and I'm sure Bianca is happy that she won her first major vs the greatest of all time.    

Edit typo 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

So what happens with her ranking?  I don't follow tennis enough to understand how that works.

She's #5 in the world after winning today. Would have been 10 if she lost. She came in 15th. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/6/2019 at 10:44 AM, Brad Marchand said:

Not the result she wanted, but by reaching the final, Andreescu will reach a career high ranking of 107. 

This felt like such a long time ago haha.

She's definitely the greatest Canadian female tennis player of all time now. Here's to many years of future success from her.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Bianca won her first major. And it's great. I was rooting for her hard. Great to see she pulled it out dyer the scare in 2nd set. 

Serena has been a great champ for decades. I remeber when she first came on the scene 20+ years ago.

She's got what 23 majors. So she definitely deserves compliment and I'm sure Bianca is happy that she won her first major vs the greatest of all time.    

It's not about her right now...that's sort of my point.

4 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

You get 2000 points for winning a Grand Slam, 1200 points for runner up.

This is what they were at the start of the US Open .....

I'd imagine this puts her maybe as high as 5th.

bianca.jpg

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Bianca won her first major. And it's great. I was rooting for her hard. Great to see she pulled it out dyer the scare in 2nd set. 

She's got what 23 majors. So she definitely deserves compliment and I'm sure Bianca is happy that she won her first major vs the greatest of all time.    

Serena must have a lot of respect for Bianca to say that if she was to lose it’s to Venus first and then Bianca.  Bianca is clearly a fabulous player, but she must be a really nice (and respectful) person too.  

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's not about her right now...that's sort of my point.

No one said it was.  Doesn't mean she hasn't been a great champ and can't be complimented. She's the greatest of all time.   

Bianca said it herself several times during post match interview.