The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Saw Ted tonight

Had a few laughs but I wasn't really feelin' it. Seth MacFarlane is too clever to be pulling some of the cheap laughs that were in there.

6/10

The Amazing Spider-Man - 8/10

There's certain elements that work really well, and others that don't. The screenwriters tried to do a lot story-wise, but you can tell that Marc Webb really wanted to make a character-driven film. Hopefully the inevitable sequel can benefit from having the origin story out of the way and focus more on character development.

The Amazing Spider-Man - 8/10

There's certain elements that work really well, and others that don't. The screenwriters tried to do a lot story-wise, but you can tell that Marc Webb really wanted to make a character-driven film. Hopefully the inevitable sequel can benefit from having the origin story out of the way and focus more on character development.

The Amazing Spider-Man 7/10

I liked the movie, but thought it had weak points. Like, Spidey kept on taking off his damn mask. The Villian was weak. Peter Parker does not skate. Gwen was suppose to be the nerdy looking geek. Flash was suppose to be the bully at all times. And it seems like the whole "I'm spiderman" was rushed compare to the first one.

I liked this movie better than the trilogy, but Andrew Garfield does not look like Peter Parker. I found Tobey Maguire to resemble Peter better.

But eh, this movie obviously followed the comics more than the last three did.

Oh and one more sidenote: STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!

Anybody know who the guy was when he was talking to Dr.Conors after the credits? I'm guessing it's Green Goblin, but they said Norman was in the hospital. So i'm confused.

The Amazing Spiderman 3D - 7/10

It was good yes, the overall movie was pretty decent, but I find it very predictable at times. IMHO, I liked the old trilogy better (well, at least spiderman-3). I liked Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spiderman better than Andrew Garfield, but it's probably just a nostalgia thing for me.

It's still a great movie as it follows more to the comics than the previous trilogy. 3D was pretty decent as well.

Hope they do a reboot on Venom soon, loved that villain.

edit: oh and for those who are planning to go watch it, don't forget to stay after the credits.

Crazy, Stupid, Love - 7/10

It's not the type of movie that I'd go out to see but it's nice to watch at home. If I watched it in theatres, I'd give it a 6.

Unlike most rom-coms, this movie wasn't overly cheesy and everything tied in perfectly. Oh and of course, Ryan Gosling is always a major pleaser :)

The Amazing Spiderman

7/10

Andrew Garfield was a better spiderman than Tobey Maguire. Storyline was OK. I think what really let it down in my opinion was the soundtrack...

If there's a sequel I imagine it will be much better now that the predictable introduction is out of the way. Although I thought the first half of the movie was the best part.

Archived