The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Red State - 8/10

My only complaint is I wanted more from it the 3 boys. Not in the good sense where the movie leaves you with the feeling of wanting more but I actually think they should have been more prominent. It seems like there are 10 main characters in the movie.

Other than that I love the story and the execution of the story is great. Stephen Root is fantastic and I always like seeing John Goodman. The only cast member I didn't like was Melissa Leo but she wasn't bad in it...just not right. Probably cast more because of the Oscar buzz around her at the time.

Good movie...highly recommend it. The Phelps er.....Cooper family were great.

This is absolutely true. Maybe I'm just getting old and have less time for movies that I don't feel were a 'good' waste of my time. I'm hoping that Lincoln makes up for it, as I eagerly await any Daniel Day Lewis film that isn't "Nine." The Hobbit better deliver as well.I have so many movies in my queue on Netflix that I look at and go, "Do I really want to watch this?" So I don't and usually end up watching a rerun of Arrested Development.

AD rules. Odds are, there is more genius in said 21-minute episode than in almost any 100-min movie.

I've had my eye on a few documentaries, but haven't taken the time. My wife and I tried to watch Puss In Boots last night, but lost interest quickly. zzzzZZZZzzzz...

I had high expectations for Dark Knight Rises and Moonrise Kingdom, as Nolan and Anderson are two of my favourite directors, but I found both disappointing. Life of Pi, Argo, and Looper look good...but I'm not anticipating much out of any movies lately.

Ted and Looper - both 6/10, worth one watch if you have nothing better to do and it isn't costing you anything.

Ted - It was a little too much like Macfralane's other stuff. I wasn't expecting the really random stuff that was in the style of Family Guy; it made it feel more like a TV epsiode than something original. That doesn't mean I didn't laugh occasionally, but I had higher hopes.

Looper - This one was under my radar until it had come out so I didn't know anything about the plot other than that it involved time travel. I like both JGL and Bruce Willis so I had some decently high hopes, but really other than the one interesting key plot point about being your own hitman the movie just didn't work for me. The whole TK thing seemed mostly pointless, the time travel was really convoluted and ultimately contradicted its own rules, and some of the characters were really quite flat.

This is absolutely true. Maybe I'm just getting old and have less time for movies that I don't feel were a 'good' waste of my time. I'm hoping that Lincoln makes up for it, as I eagerly await any Daniel Day Lewis film that isn't "Nine." The Hobbit better deliver as well.I have so many movies in my queue on Netflix that I look at and go, "Do I really want to watch this?" So I don't and usually end up watching a rerun of Arrested Development.

Red State - 8/10

My only complaint is I wanted more from it the 3 boys. Not in the good sense where the movie leaves you with the feeling of wanting more but I actually think they should have been more prominent. It seems like there are 10 main characters in the movie.

Other than that I love the story and the execution of the story is great. Stephen Root is fantastic and I always like seeing John Goodman. The only cast member I didn't like was Melissa Leo but she wasn't bad in it...just not right. Probably cast more because of the Oscar buzz around her at the time.

Good movie...highly recommend it. The Phelps er.....Cooper family were great.

Archived